Recon Day Time Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had these RECON Part # 264151BK - LED Daytime Running Lights - Rectangular AUDI Style DRL DRLs - Smoked Lens installed in my lower bumper/grill for awhile now. I really don't care if they are on at night with my head lights. I actually like the look when they are. Anyway, no matter where I tap in for power, when the lights are on my stereo goes to static. Anyone have this issue with these lights? Anyone figure out a solution? They look bad ass when they are on but my stereo is useless with them on.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you run the power and the ground straight from the battery (just for testing purposes)? See if that fixes the issue.
Then try changing it one thing at a time to find your issue.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not gone straight to the battery yet but I did hook up the power wire to a boost pack and grounded the boost back to the same place I have the ground hooked up and I still got static in the stereo. So power from another source still caused issue. I could hook power to lights from truck and ground to boost pack to see if it is the ground that is causing the issue.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know the radio will buzz if you have a bad ground, but on these newer trucks it depends a lot on the electrical system. I'd say run the power wire, or at least a relay straight to the battery and give the lights their own ground (I drilled new ones for my HID's).

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It sounds like there might be something wrong internally with the units that's causing ground noise.

Phillips also makes a nice unit, you can buy them at Pepboys for like $60-80 er something.