Recon Smoked 3rd brake light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newyork104104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have it on your truck, do you like it?! Does it fit well? Also if anyone can take a close up pic of it for me to see, i'd really appreciate it! I've seen them in pics from a distance and they look dark! Which is fine by me...

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Recons are legal. All the lights on my truck (heads, tails, 3rd brake, light bar) are Recon. I really like it, its bright when the brake is applied and I love the smoked look. Also, when you open the doors or turn the cargo light on they go white. Lots of people choose to tint the brake light, but I love the LEDs so I chose to buy this. I don't have a close up picture, but this one shows the Recon tail lights and 3rd brake light.

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 961
Last edited:

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mines tinted and has leds in it im sorry recon stuff is just way over priced never been a big fan of them recon and spyder sell the exact same stuff and recons is like 150 more

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
DSC01759.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

red leds in it and its just as bright as before tinting with vht

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hella has some NICE lights you should check out. LED tails, tinted, and an LED CHMSL all as a kit. For the 3rd gen trucks, it's part no. 010255801 and you should talk to JJ about getting them.

Here's a link to the 3rd gen set:

Hella Tail lights

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Mines tinted and has leds in it im sorry recon stuff is just way over priced never been a big fan of them recon and spyder sell the exact same stuff and recons is like 150 more

To each their own. I personally didn't find the prices that bad. Yeah, they're expensive, but they're great lights and i'd definitely put them on my next vehicle! Really nice and bright and clear, and compared to other LED lights i've seen, these have more rows of LEDs (specifically in the tail lights) and don't look like something you bought at your local retail store. Laws are different in each Canadian province then in the US. Tinting tails/headlights will usually attract unwanted attention from the police here.

OP
OP
Newyork104104

Newyork104104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To each their own. I personally didn't find the prices that bad. Yeah, they're expensive, but they're great lights and i'd definitely put them on my next vehicle! Really nice and bright and clear, and compared to other LED lights i've seen, these have more rows of LEDs (specifically in the tail lights) and don't look like something you bought at your local retail store. Laws are different in each Canadian province then in the US. Tinting tails/headlights will usually attract unwanted attention from the police here.

My thoughts exactly...Especially since I travel a lot, i'm really not looking for any attention from the law...Plus I love the LED look!

Thanks again everyone!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
My thoughts exactly...Especially since I travel a lot, i'm really not looking for any attention from the law...Plus I love the LED look!

Thanks again everyone!

then dont tint your tails lol dont think youll get hassled for the 3rd brake light tails are a different story

highwayman1224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed one on my 2012 ram & for some reason the brake light light doesn't light up. The white cargo light part works though. I plugged it in the correct way, don't know what's going on. I'll shoot Recon an email here shortly & see if they can figure it out.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
my recon 3rd. not as dark as the pics make it but im happy with it.
IMG_0322.jpg

Last edited:

QuinnII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 QC 4X4 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DodgeGirl,

where did you get those mud flaps from, i really like the metal Ram's head on them.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
DodgeGirl,

where did you get those mud flaps from, i really like the metal Ram's head on them.

Thanks. They came on the truck when I bought it. Maybe ask your dealership if they can track some down for you?

QuinnII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 QC 4X4 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^ i'll see what they can do for me

RenegadeRRjR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blackout, I think I will go the same route as you. Did you DIY, or have it done? Is it the tail light paint or actually tinted inside?

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I really like mine and have had no issues.

Attachments

• DSCF1748a.jpg
    DSCF1748a.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 60