Reducing wind noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well with my truck it seems that the amount of wind noise has started getting more as time goes on. It's getting to the point that at highway speeds(75 mph) I'm having to turn my speaker phone on just to hear people on my iphone with the truck radio off but once I get below 45-50 I can hear them perfectly fine without speaker, also seems to do this when I'm accelerating. Is there any simple fixes that I can do? Or should I just drop it at the dealer and say keep it till you fix it?

Not too happy about it seeing as my truck is only a 2012 and has about 30,000 miles on it

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Do you have window vent visors? Are your tires wearing to the point where they might be getting louder? I have both. My tires are probably half way gone and makes the noise coming thru that much worse. I have always had a wee bit of wind noise with my vent visors. Now I do know that it has been really windy the past several months. More than I have ever seen. I travel near where you live a couple times a month or more and its been terribly windy there too. So that may be part of your issues. If your door seals are dirty or dusty try cleaning them and putting something like armorall or something on them to help seal better. Waxing the door jambs may help, too. Good luck.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like an exhaust leak. I agree, let the dealer take a look at it since its under warranty.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No vent visors, tires are nitto 420S with about 1000 miles on them. It was doing it with the factory goodyear too

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like an exhaust leak. I agree, let the dealer take a look at it since its under warranty.

Hmm didn't think of that. I did have the exhaust dumped (took off everything from muffler back) up until about 6 months ago. I'll have to check it tomorrow and see if it got loose

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
and everything's clean too probably? Sooooo, I agree with the guy that said it's dealer time young man. lol

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I would think you'd know if it was an exhaust leak. Totally different sounds, plus wouldn't really depend on speed, but RPMs.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
and everything's clean too probably? Sooooo, I agree with the guy that said it's dealer time young man. lol

Not sure, truck is covered in mud and dirt at the moment lol. But I'll wipe down all the door sills and weatherstripping tomorrow and report back with results. Hopefully it's just that

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I would think it has to do with your seals. Maybe the door isn't closing as tight as it used to

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Do you have a level kit? I assume that that could make some noise.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No level

But wiped down the door seals and jams(were pretty clean except for some mud right by the rocker panel where the bottom of the door meets the body) and then did a coat of fukken on everything. Wind noise was very low up until about 80-85 and I could hear my friend on the phone clearly up until about 90-95. Very happy it was a simple cleaning