Regular Cab Caps or Racks!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, recently moved from a '00 Dakota w/ 180k to a '15 5.7L Hemi Regular Cab with a short bed. Love this truck. I've got my tires picked out and Bilstein adjustable struts in the mail. Planning on some N-Fab step bars to get my short ass in the thing. What I'm having trouble deciding on is what kind of cap/bed storage to go with. There doesn't seem to be many if any pictures of 4th gen regular cab short boxes with caps on 'em. I liked the Can-Back canvas cap with roof rack but for 2k why not go with a fiberglass cap? Looking for something I can put a roof rack on for the canoe and being a regular cab, some more dry storage wouldn't be bad. I'm also open to tonneau covers w/ bed rack combos. Curious what you guys are running/liking and what looks good of course. Any info and pics are appreciated and feel free to just post some pics of your regular cab short beds...don't get tired of seeing them!

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
I also had moved up from a Dakota. I don't have a cap, just a tonneau cover. And welcome!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
love the fibreglass match paint, good luck with your search and welcome to a great site. In fact this is the ONLY site I use if that means anything.

OP
OP
D

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys, have already found some great info on this forum. And absolutely loving my truck! What kinda tonneau you run Lufty? You like it?

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) I went with the ARE "OVERLAND" canopy and it comes with the removable two bar rack-

SUNP0103%201_zpshkpi9anr.jpg

SUNP0109_zpsdg72lbfr.jpg

They've gotta lotta options--

CHECKEMOUT-

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

OP
OP
D

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the pics Jimbo, I dig that one a lot!

OP
OP
D

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Alright, think I'm gunna go with something like this tonneau rack combo:

https://shop.agricover.com/category/coverandrack

Any one used these products and have any input? Then I'd like to fab up some mounts that would allow me to do something like this:

Ram 1500 Bed Cargo Basket (Part No: TCCAN859)

to add cargo space above the tonneau and below the canoe. I also came across this, which I thought was pretty rad, but a little out my price range, especially with all the accessories...worth a look though!

Truck Bed Rack: Active Cargo System for Ram With 6.4-Foot Bed

Any way thanks for the input...bummed i didn't get to drool over any decked out regular cabs though :baby: