Relearn Parking Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Long story short, is it possible to "teach" the parking sensors what's normal after my brush guard has been on? Fingers crossed....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Short answer is no. The factory sensors are programmed a certain way and that's it. Your options are to manually turn them off with the button or take them off the truck completely and disable the error message the truck will give you. I think I saw AEV makes a product for that.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Short answer is no. The factory sensors are programmed a certain way and that's it. Your options are to manually turn them off with the button or take them off the truck completely and disable the error message the truck will give you. I think I saw AEV makes a product for that.
I tried disconnecting the sensors and it said service sensors. Then I tried to short the wires out thinking it was some sort of loop and same error. Then tried to wire them in line with the sensor next to it.. And it seemed to almost work for a second then said Service. I may try fabricating something to mount to the brush guard and have the sensor on it... Then cover the hole... I dunno. It's not a big deal... Just something that bothers me knowing part of the truck "doesn't function right".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk