removing chrome trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where or how do i remove the chrome trim for body colored trim? like grille surrounding area, front and rear bumpers and door handles?

Im not into the chrome look, i could probably do with the grille area but i would rather have body colored bumpers.

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. There have been quite a few guys on here that have done that. Search around the site you will find some stuff. I'm going to do that to my truck one of these days also. I'm not a big chrome guy either....

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where or how do i remove the chrome trim for body colored trim? like grille surrounding area, front and rear bumpers and door handles?

Im not into the chrome look, i could probably do with the grille area but i would rather have body colored bumpers.

If you're going to have a painter paint your bumpers, most will tell you to try and find some used painted bumpers somewhere and have them color matched. the Chrome can be taken off yours, of course, but it is a LOT of prep work, which equals more $$$ at the paint shop.

The grille, can simply be scuffed up, primed and painted.