Removing flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, I have some replacement fender flares on order to replace a damaged fender flare on my laramie. It is a stock flare so I am just wondering what the best way to go about removing it is. Obviously remove the screws but what's the best way to soften the 3m tape to get them off? Thanks in advance!

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I partially removed mine one day, meaning I just took out the screws and the tape was already releasing. There is not much tape, so it will come off easy and they use the same procedure as debadging to clean up the residue...

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I partially removed mine one day, meaning I just took out the screws and the tape was already releasing. There is not much tape, so it will come off easy and they use the same procedure as debadging to clean up the residue...

Thanks Will.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Thanks Will.

No problem, let me know how it goes, found a set of OEM black textured on ebay I have my eye on.. Want to go with black flares against silver.

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
No problem, let me know how it goes, found a set of OEM black textured on ebay I have my eye on.. Want to go with black flares against silver.

The OEM ones come in gloss black, no texture.....but you can get them in a kit for under $400 ;)