Removing RamBox Cargo Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

druid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cyl
Anyone have occasion to remove a cargo box from the bed rail? I took the bolts out of mine but still can't seem to budge it. Does the lid come off with the box or separately? Am I missing something? Any tips would be appreciated. It's a 2015 with the long box.

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The lid comes off with the box. Make sure you get all the bolts. There's 13 total (for the short box, you may have more...) for each box that have to be removed. On mine there are two at each end on top by the hinges, two by the latch bar inside, four on the bottom and three on the inside wall.

You also need to disconnect the wiring for the lights. There's a connector at the rear of the box inside the fender.

Once you've got all the bolts out lift gently by the lid and rock it, again gently, front to rear while pulling up. It doesn't want to break loose the first time you take them out. Just be patient and go easy.

Ramped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there are more bolts under the mats in the bottom, you get those?