removing windshield sprayers and badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am doing rally stripes on my rt, I want to remove the spray nozzles for easier laying of the vinyl, also want to remove the ram badge on the grill and the tail gate for easy install and to possibly blacken them.

how do I remove the above items ? youtube vids would rock

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can pop the sprayers out of the hood. But of course you would have to have the holes filled in. You could see about converting the wipers to have sprayers in them.

For the debadging, fishing line works great. Then a little elbow grease to get the sticky stuff off. Check YouTube for debadging videos. There are lots out there.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fishing line will only work for the door badges and not the front/tailgate badge. I have asked a few times how to remove and just got crickets, good luck. I ended up taping off mine and plastidiping them on the truck.

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can pop the sprayers out of the hood. But of course you would have to have the holes filled in. You could see about converting the wipers to have sprayers in them.

I'm thinking he plans to put them back in after laying the vinyl!

Disconnect the hose and squeeze the tabs that lock it in place and push them up through the hood.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front emblem is held in place by 4 plastic tabs and double sided tape. You can get to the tabs with the hood up and the black plastic shield between grill and radiator off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm thinking he plans to put them back in after laying the vinyl!

Disconnect the hose and squeeze the tabs that lock it in place and push them up through the hood.

This was exactly what i was thinking, also ya i guess ill leave those badges in place and spray them

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can click on Search>Advanced Search > Debadge and you will find a ton of threads on how to remove emblems.