Replace front bumper 2016 ram express 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 ram express whit the front plastic bumper, I want to replace it the chrome front bumper. My questions are, do I need brackets or can I use the old ones from the plastic bumper? or what else do I need?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2016 ram express whit the front plastic bumper, I want to replace it the chrome front bumper. My questions are, do I need brackets or can I use the old ones from the plastic bumper? or what else do I need?

Thank you.

Best thing to do if you can't get an answer is go by a dealership, find one with a chrome bumper and take a peak underneath.

Plastic is usually attached with snap clips/pop rivets and some light duty screws so there is a good chance you will need additional hardware, but it should come with the bumper you purchase as well.

OP
OP
javier_si04

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best thing to do if you can't get an answer is go by a dealership, find one with a chrome bumper and take a peak underneath.

Plastic is usually attached with snap clips/pop rivets and some light duty screws so there is a good chance you will need additional hardware, but it should come with the bumper you purchase as well.

Thank you, I will do that.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try to find someone local with a chrome bumper who wants to do a swap with you!
Sports/Express bumpers are pretty sought after.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try to find someone local with a chrome bumper who wants to do a swap with you!
Sports/Express bumpers are pretty sought after.

What he said! You should have no trouble at all finding a willing participant, most people want to switch from chrome to painted. I am one of them, I just did it a few months ago. The only parts I was able to transfer over was number 6 and 7 in the diagram below.

9b0e444ef3e81bb62527ebb5754eaf71.png

Lots of good info in here as well....

http://www.ramforum.com/f41/soon_how_convert_chrome_bumper_sport_bumper-80267/

jlmjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious, why do people prefer the sport bumper over the chrome? I have an Express and the bumper doesn't hold up. So many knicks and scratches to where it looks terrible now.

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an Express and wanting to switch to chrome. I might stop by the dealer later to see what’s needed to swap out to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m currently switching from a bighorn number (painted black) to a sport bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk