replace Spyder headlight halos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had the Spyder headlights in my truck for a few years now and I think it is time to upgrade as things are slowly starting to malfunction and i'm tired of replacing ballasts.
My plan is to remove the CCFL halos and replace them with LED halos and to replace the current LEDs with brighter and maybe blue LEDs but before baking the headlight I need to order the halo rings. I have done a lot of reading and found people who have replaced the rings but i'm unable to find out what size those rings are despite even sending personal messages.
Can anyone tell me what the 2 sizes for the halos are?

Thanks

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have had the Spyder headlights in my truck for a few years now and I think it is time to upgrade as things are slowly starting to malfunction and i'm tired of replacing ballasts.
My plan is to remove the CCFL halos and replace them with LED halos and to replace the current LEDs with brighter and maybe blue LEDs but before baking the headlight I need to order the halo rings. I have done a lot of reading and found people who have replaced the rings but i'm unable to find out what size those rings are despite even sending personal messages.
Can anyone tell me what the 2 sizes for the halos are?

Thanks
Most likely 70mm or 80mm. You can order the Morimoto Switchback Halos for like $50. Amazing led Halos and they are Switchback!!

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the smaller one may be 80mm and the larger ones 100mm but not sure. I will check out the Morimoto Switchback Halos and see what they are like but need to know the size for sure before I order them.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the answer thanks to 14azirkle from RAMFORUMZ, the small one is 90mm and the large one is 110mm in case someone else is looking for the size.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got the answer thanks to 14azirkle from RAMFORUMZ, the small one is 90mm and the large one is 110mm in case someone else is looking for the size.
That's good info to know. The Morimoto switch back Halos are amazing quality for like $50 it's insane to beat that price. Not to mention you get the switchback feature which is super easy to wire up.

Be sure to post some pics and while you are opening your headlights you should look into retrofitting new projectors into those Spyder headlights. TRS sells a direct drop in retrofit projector for those Spyder headlights.

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey yamifz1, question on your headlights. How's the light output and did you put HIDs in or just use the stock bulbs? I can't see spending a ton of money if I can get great light output? Any suggestions for help thanks

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey yamifz1, question on your headlights. How's the light output and did you put HIDs in or just use the stock bulbs? I can't see spending a ton of money if I can get great light output? Any suggestions for help thanks
I know normally most people say the Spyder projectors are garbage. Even with hid's they suck. But The Retrofit Source sells a drop in Retro quick kit for Spyder headlights that upgrades the projector to a much better projector lense. So if anyone is planning on buying Spyder headlights you should consider upgrading the projector inside so you can actually see at night lol.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7

They are not that great even with 55W HID lights. As a matter of a fact my 55W HID fog lights give off most of the light I have. I am considering getting new lenses for the headlights but I will try and see if the adjustments are off first then consider a new lens.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know normally most people say the Spyder projectors are garbage. Even with hid's they suck. But The Retrofit Source sells a drop in Retro quick kit for Spyder headlights that upgrades the projector to a much better projector lense. So if anyone is planning on buying Spyder headlights you should consider upgrading the projector inside so you can actually see at night lol.

I'm checking them out right now, are these the projectors you are talking about?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...ation-specific/morimoto-retroquik-spyder.html