Replacing the horns 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up fellow Rammers?

I bought some replacement Hella horns for my 2014, but I am looking for suggestions on how to swap them.

The factory horns are, get this...... INSIDE of the driver's side fender!

You can't reach them by removing the headlight. I also tried removing the wheel well liner. Can't really get to them that way either.

I suppose maybe removing the battery would get you some access.

I was thinking about getting the wiring for the horns and re-routing the wires, and just mounting the horns elsewhere. Suggestions anyone??

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Leave the stock horn alone and get a relay kit for the new horns, put a red button somewhere instead of using the stock horn.

OP
OP
T

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah man, but I don't wanna!! LOL

My 2010 had those suckers right behind the grill, front and center!

I will probably just get that wire and run it to a new horn location.... it shouldn't be this complicated!!

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also facing the same problem for my new horns and I don't know what is easiest solution.

Which wire is for the horns and where do you get it?

OP
OP
T

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you look where the horns are, you can see the wiring harness coming out of the fender. It seems to come out between the battery and the fender, however I have not pulled the battery to more closely inspect it.

If that is the case, I will just cut those wires, splice into them, and mount the horns elsewhere under the hood. I have the active shutters behind the grill, so placement there may prove to be difficult. The horns are relatively small, so I will have to check that option out. I may work on this today after work.

The Hella horns I bought are supposedly 114db, so that should be some improvement over the stockers.

Last edited:

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you install the new horns?

Are you using the "Supertone Horn DL50" or the "Twin Tone Trumpet Horns TE16"?

Last edited: