Replacing window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Anybody ever replaced a power door window? Particularly the front driver side. Difficult? Easy? Can I do it myself or should it be done professionally? Looked up some videos but most were for replacing the window motor. I already have the window just deciding if I should tackle it or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Tdjma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody ever replaced a power door window? Particularly the front driver side. Difficult? Easy? Can I do it myself or should it be done professionally? Looked up some videos but most were for replacing the window motor. I already have the window just deciding if I should tackle it or not. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not too bad just slide a stop to keep window in place you should see 2 bolts holding window track on maybe 4 2 each side then you can remove frame bolts and remove it depending on year it may have a cable which means the whole Assembly gets replaced or the motor only on some Assemblies

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Racer_X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done it. You need a 2nd set of hands or some good suction cups to hold the glass while you get it attached to the mechanism. Pull the door panel, remove the power window switches from the panel and reconnect to the harness. Roll the mechanism down and there are access holes to get to the retaining nuts, 10mm.
Then remove the old window bracket. Insert the new glass thru the window channel and use the suction cups to hold it in place. Reattach to the mechanism, replace the retaining nuts, remove the suction cups and roll it down and check for any obstructions. Roll it up and down a couple cycles to ensure it works properly. Reassemble door panel and reattach window switches properly. Have your favorite concoction and celebrate

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I did a DYI Youtube video, step by step and part of it involves window extraction. Located in this forum's 4th Gen DYI section, here. Good luck!

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the input guys! After reading and watching your replies I think I'm gonna do it myself. Knew I'd find an answer here.

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I did a DYI Youtube video, step by step and part of it involves window extraction. Located in this forum's 4th Gen DYI section, here. Good luck!
Just got done doing the window. Your video helped a lot. Thanks.