Review: Ipex Motoring Smoked Quads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I bought these on ebay for only $140 shipped. I was really impressed with the quality considering how inexpensive they are, they appear to be every bit as solid as my OEM quads and very very similar to the TYC headlamps I've owned in the past. No idea how well they are sealed since they never saw rain or water. I pulled them right back off after only a day, unfortunately they are a lot darker than I had hoped. I really tried to like them, but in the end I just couldn’t live with it. In some lights they look perfect with just a light smoked tint, but most of the time they look almost black…. like the GTS headlight covers I use to think were cool back when I was in high school. Just like those, these appear to severely limit the light output. I put my Opt7 LEDs in them and they are no brighter than the halogens I had in my OEM quads. They do look absolutely amazing when lit up at night though, my picture doesn’t do them justice. That alone was the only reason it took me a full day to consider whether or not to keep them. It was worth a shot but I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and order some TYC black projectors from Rock Auto.

71B06838-5FB9-4606-9283-882CB9D1E7B6_zpszgia60oc.jpg

15B7AF76-CC43-43EA-BCF5-E6A351981754_zpsm1dsyowt.jpg

45CEC5B7-940D-442A-A343-6497F7D06DD1_zpsahaqwfyb.jpg

OP
OP
J Rod

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh and I also bought some Spyder smoked fog lights as well. These I like! If the headlights had the same lighter tint as these, they would’ve been perfect.

BAFE578E-D19E-40F4-9755-F8068E4DC8FB_zpsx7ls0yr5.jpg

E6E545C7-96EA-40B7-AF12-348768B0CB23_zpsdhqqin9q.jpg

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That sucks!!! They look super black in one picture and then that next one they look hardly tinted at all. I've been looking at the same style headlights but think I will just go with the TYC projectors also.

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The headlights do look good, but sucks that it kills the output. I think you'll be much happier with the projectors in the long run, especially if you decide to drop in HID's. My light output is fantastic since doing the swap.

The fogs look great. I am considering using the tinted fogs as a retrofit project. Do they seem like the same quality as OEM?

OP
OP
J Rod

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The headlights do look good, but sucks that it kills the output. I think you'll be much happier with the projectors in the long run, especially if you decide to drop in HID's. My light output is fantastic since doing the swap.

The fogs look great. I am considering using the tinted fogs as a retrofit project. Do they seem like the same quality as OEM?

I had always planned to do the projectors at some point, these were just suppose to be a cheap alternative for a year or two so I could spend $$ in other areas. So much for that idea. :) Yea the fogs look identical to the OEM fogs, great quality! I paid $70 for them on ebay, actually $65 plus tax. Didn't realize they had a distribution center here in IN, I did get them in a day though.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have always had my black vehicles treated with the dark look in terms of headlights/taillights, I wonder how it would look on a deep cheery red???? Your truck looks fine in all but the first pic re to dark.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was looking at these for a custom build but was afraid they were too dark. Ended up picking up an oem set for $80. I was also looking at the same set but with clear lenses but was afraid since they were replicas that any of the halo kits or projectors for the oem quads wouldnt mount properly because some of the designs/measurements would be off....

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had always planned to do the projectors at some point, these were just suppose to be a cheap alternative for a year or two so I could spend $$ in other areas. So much for that idea. :) Yea the fogs look identical to the OEM fogs, great quality! I paid $70 for them on ebay, actually $65 plus tax. Didn't realize they had a distribution center here in IN, I did get them in a day though.

Any chance you've got a link or the vendor name? I can find some, but they're all coming out of Cali.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always had my black vehicles treated with the dark look in terms of headlights/taillights, I wonder how it would look on a deep cheery red???? Your truck looks fine in all but the first pic re to dark.

This is what it looks like on Deep Cherry Red. I loved the look in the day time, but just too dark at night (light output). I had to go back to my OEM quads also.
8af2c15957928f50a500e9c5c6ecf50b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk