Ridge Grapplers or KO2s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy,

As the title says, I'm stuck between the Ridge Grapps and BFG KO2s. I've finally decided on Method Standard 17x9 -12 since I think they look the best with the prerunner look I'll be going for (minus the expensive flares and suspension work). I'll be staying in the 34" tire range since I can't decide between the Nitto's in LT305/70/17 (33.9"x12.2") or the KO2s in LT315/70/17 (34.4"x12.4").

I originally thought that the KO2s were going to be a few hundred more than the Ridge Grapps, but they're almost identical on the sites I've been to (Discount Tire, DT Direct, and Custom Wheel Offset) with the Nittos actually being the more expensive route in most cases.

I like the tread design on both tires, but I do like how the BFG's will stick out just a tad more in comparison to the Nittos. I know that the Nitto's are obviously a newer tire, but which direction would y'all go if you were in my shoes?

Thanks for the help,
Tanner

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I am looking at the BFGs real hard for my truck, I like the look of the tread pattern as iys not the same as alot of mud tires out there and I always have had good luck with BFGs.

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just ordered a set of 35x11.5 r20 Ridge Grapplers with 20x9 1 fuel couplers from mr wheel deal. They are arriving mounted, balanced and with the TPS in them. I think the Ridge Grapplers have a lot better look. IMHO.

Natron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the Ridge Grapplers and really like them. It is hard to beat their looks and they ride great.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
having had the bfg's,and found them lacking,i'd go with the nitto's.in fact,i will be going with them for my camper carry rims.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Are you guys talking about the BFG ats or the mt ?

The Ridge grappler is a all terrain tire IMO and dont compare the MT , but over the BFG ATs the RGs look like they would be a better/nicer tire.

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go ridge grapplers the sidewall looks pretty bad ass, I have the G2's on my jeep and I think they are a great AT so these being more aggressive than those are really pushing the MT level.
I have never owned any bfg's but did drive a work f250 with the older style bfg at's and they drove like street tires on road which is better than my G2's but no Idea off road how they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the KO2 and had a headache getting them balanced properly

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I just put on 37x12.5 Ridge Grapplers, they are a smoother and quieter ride than the Toyo R/T's

OP
OP
TXPudge1868

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you guys talking about the BFG ats or the mt ?

The Ridge grappler is a all terrain tire IMO and dont compare the MT , but over the BFG ATs the RGs look like they would be a better/nicer tire.

Yes, I'm referring to the AT's. For those of y'all who have been running the Nittos for a while, how is the tread wear so far? I'm really starting to like those a lot more than the BFGs with that badass sidewall.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I am surprised BFG has not updated the ATs to compete with the new technology on the new tires.
I like the BFG ats but myself if those were my two choices I would go with the Nittos.

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found this pic online of some ridge grapps on a ram no less.
674b58d71cdf2289332f9422086447ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I thing they are in different categories. The Ridge grapplers are more of a mud terrain, but for those that want a little more AT characteristics with an AT tire. The BFG is an AT tire with a decent off road capability.

I have the KO2 on my truck and have had them for about 8000 miles. They have been amazing tires. The balance was super easy for my installer and did not take a lot of weight at all to do. I do rotations with oil changes around 5k and they still look brand new. The tire is a little louder then stock, but not bad at all. Performance has been awesome. Living in the Midwest, I see it all. Never had any issues in rain (I drive all highway, 75-80 mph, for 70 miles a day for work). In snow the tires did great as well. The sidewall has the perfect look in my opinion.

I will run these tires again more then likely.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am surprised BFG has not updated the ATs to compete with the new technology on the new tires.
I like the BFG ats but myself if those were my two choices I would go with the Nittos.

They did. The KO2 is a newer tire now. As I mentioned. The KO2 is an AT tire. Whereas the Ridge Grappler is meant to be between AT and MT. Just like the Toyo RT tire is.

Comparing the two is like apples to oranges. The Nitto Terra Grappler is in the same class as the KO2.