Rigid Industries Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Evening All,

I have seen one thread refering to a Rigid light bar, but it was on a 2500. Does anyone have one on a 1500? I do not plan on placing a push or bull bar on my truck, but I would like to place either a 10" or 20" bar between the tow hooks. Has anyone done this? I had rigid's on my Jeep and it was a quality light. Thank you for any help.

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the dually d2s on mine. Pretty bright. Good luck with the install on the tow hooks. Post some pics for the rest of us.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't seen anyone that has done this. I know we had a member who had planned on it, but before he got it done his plans changed.

danfordfwh87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i was planning on doing this but if you live in an area with snow i would reconsider.....when i drove over the mt passes with my wife in the mid of dec. it was snowing a good bit and when i stopped for gas on the way home i realized that in that area snow and ice builds up there and is hard as a rock and would defeat the purpose of having a light there. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
R

Ram1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently I'm stationed in NJ, and I think in '15 were headed to NC so i may be alright with the snow. When I get a chance at work I'm going to look into fabricating a bracket and seeing if I could get the light to recess in the bumper between the tow hooks. I'll have a better idea in a week or so, and I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for the replies.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a good idea if the snow isn't a concern.
Q- what is the directionality of the light bars like? Can you aim them so there is a cutoff? I'd like to add one as well, but to use all the time (including in the city) and don't want to blind oncoming drivers.

OP
OP
R

Ram1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldnt use them in the city, depending on the room vertically I will have you may be able to point the light up and down, but not enough to make a difference IMO. If you went with a beam pattern you could reduce your vertical output, but I know when I had the dually's, they were very bright.