Rigid LED fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebel89820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I have VisionX on my gen2... you will LOVE the output from LED! when mine are on you can't even tell if the head lights are on.

I think the ridgid kit will look really good on your truck, you should go for it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Hemi22xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It says for 2500/3500, does anyone know why it won't fit 1500, or will it?

Hemi22xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$79.99 for just mounts, no lights.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It says for 2500/3500, does anyone know why it won't fit 1500, or will it?

It sure looks the same. I don't see why it wouldn't..

I'm still confused why these light bars are so damn expensive. I understand the cost to make those super bright LEDs are expensive but man LEDs have been around for a while now.

x2 on nice find..

Last edited:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's prestige pricing. Rigids are nice lights, but they aren't plated in gold, unlike their price indicates. Another thing you're buying other than the name is the warranty.

Farrell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was gonna say the lifetime warranty is key. I have rigids on my jeep and my girl friends jeep and you really can't beat them, they are pretty much everything proof and ridiculously bright. I will be adding some to the Ram when I can afford to.

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
something is only worth what someone will pay for it. right now Rigid is the hot name and every dbag with a tapout shirt, DC shoes and enough money to lift their truck and throw monster energy stickers on it is more than willing to lay down $1k plus just because Brian Deegan or someone said that Rigid is the best.

Meanwhle Rigid is laughing all the way to the bank because they probably make 8-10x cost on every one they sell. Guarantee some company over in China has already copied their stuff to a T and given you a product that maybe won't last quite as long, but you can buy a new one every 2 years and still save money.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
something is only worth what someone will pay for it. right now Rigid is the hot name and every dbag with a tapout shirt, DC shoes and enough money to lift their truck and throw monster energy stickers on it is more than willing to lay down $1k plus just because Brian Deegan or someone said that Rigid is the best.

Meanwhle Rigid is laughing all the way to the bank because they probably make 8-10x cost on every one they sell. Guarantee some company over in China has already copied their stuff to a T and given you a product that maybe won't last quite as long, but you can buy a new one every 2 years and still save money.

Gaurantee the company making the knock off LED bars are using knock off LEDs in them with knock off current/voltage drivers in them too
Rigids are expensive but they are also of much higher quality (I have a knock off bar in pieces at home)

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd buy a set if they made them for the 13-14. But, then again I have an income that supoorts such a low down, disgusting, dirty little habit...lol

However I think they could easily be priced brackets and the 4 lights around 4-500$ and they would prob sell a lot more of them.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Gaurantee the company making the knock off LED bars are using knock off LEDs in them with knock off current/voltage drivers in them too
Rigids are expensive but they are also of much higher quality (I have a knock off bar in pieces at home)

Hell, Rigids LED's probably came from China. You know nothings made in America now. hahaha

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Try looking at Speeddemon lights and Inspired Engineering. Both are good products and not as spendy .

No flicker on either of them.

I use JW Speaker headlights, Speed Demon 30" bar, and Inspired 6 way cubes on my Jeep. Outside of the Speaker's, the price was way better and the quality just as good.

Attachments

• LOD Front Installed (2) (1024x768).jpg
    LOD Front Installed (2) (1024x768).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 153
  • LOD Front Installed (9) (1024x768).jpg
    LOD Front Installed (9) (1024x768).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 132
  • LOD Front Installed (11) (1024x1024).jpg
    LOD Front Installed (11) (1024x1024).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
OP
OP
Slmileyjr

Slmileyjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There's several different companies out there that make similar or exact sized lights and dimensions as Rigid albeit for much less $$$. I was thinking of buying the Rigid bracket and throwing some cheap-o LEDs in (knowing they aren't high quality) and then adding two 10" LED bars behind my grille.

OP
OP
Slmileyjr

Slmileyjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Heywood, those look like some nice LEDs you've got there. How's the performance?

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Great.

The Inspired Engineering 6 way Cree cubes are floods for up close. 18W 2120 lumen and are IP-68. Poly lens. Came out of Miami. Warranty. $100 US for the pair.

The Speed Demon 30" SRC is unreal. 90W 9000 Lumen. IP-67. PC lens. Canadian made so I know they will stand up to our cold. The video's pretty cool. Funny how they tortured them for the demo. Under $400 Canadian. 120/8 degree flood/ spot pattern. Outside 3 are flood. inside Cree's are spots.

JW Speaker 7" ? What else can you say. There's a reason all the trucking companies, fire tucks and buses are going this route. Lots of video's and pictures of the light pattern. Like an upside down umbrella.

Some say the lack of heat could cause the lights not to melt snow. I haven't had an issue.

The cubes take care of the up close part of it. Very bright and fan out. Great for seeing as close as I can over the hood and to the sides.

The light bar almost dwarfs all the other lights. I can light up signs more than 1/4 mile away easily.

Cube floods for up close when off roading. Pretty good in fog and snow storms where the Speakers might reflect back.

Light bar is positioned for long distance and recovery.

Under $500 for both not too shabby. My set-up is purpose based, but it does look pretty cool as well.

The picture below gives you a small idea of what the performance is like. Just look at the ground in front.

Attachments

• LOD Front Installed (10) (1024x1024).jpg
    LOD Front Installed (10) (1024x1024).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 149