Road Hazard Warranty on New Truck Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chaszur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2016 Power Wagon with less than 5,000 miles on it. Yesterday on the way home I got a flat in one tire. It looks like a nail or something punctured the tire. I checked the owner's manual and the tire supplement. There is a vague reference to a tire warranty but no mention of road hazard that I could find. Does anyone know if road hazard is part of the coverage on RAM truck tires bought new from the dealer? I know my VW and Subaru both had road hazard coverage and figure it ought to be included on RAMs, too. I will try the local service department tomorrow but figured i'd asks the experts, first.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That info won't be provided by Ram with the truck and they don't cover the tires under your Ram standard warranty.

You'll have to contact the tire manufacturer for any applicable road hazard warranty.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That info won't be provided by Ram with the truck and they don't cover the tires under your Ram standard warranty.

You'll have to contact the tire manufacturer for any applicable road hazard warranty.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

OP
OP
C

Chaszur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for that update. There wasn't anything included in the packet I received from the dealer. I did buy an extended (5 year) warranty but it doesn't say anything about tires and road hazard. I guess i'll just take it in to my local Discount Tire and have them fix it.

I don't get why American car makers don't provide the same level of customer service and care that foreign car makers have long provided. My VW and Subaru both include road hazard coverage without any additional cost.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't get why American car makers don't provide the same level of customer service and care that foreign car makers have long provided. My VW and Subaru both include road hazard coverage without any additional cost.

The additional cost was built into your purchase price, you paid for it whether you wanted it or not. Foreign makers believe they can make more profit by building the price into each car, they are not doing you any favors.

You can buy road hazard coverage as an option.

its nice to have the choice to not pay up front for the hazard protection as many here dump the OEM tires for something more suitable. So anything paid up front is just wasted money.

One could get into a long discussion about whether road hazard insurance makes economic sense. Like just about any insurance, it costs a lot less in the long run to be self insured if you can handle the unexpected expense.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Thanks for that update. There wasn't anything included in the packet I received from the dealer. I did buy an extended (5 year) warranty but it doesn't say anything about tires and road hazard. I guess i'll just take it in to my local Discount Tire and have them fix it.

$10.00 for tire repair at Walmart...I had one of the TransJunk tires repaired there about a month ago...Amazing it still holding air...lol...BTW...The thread depth of the front tires are almost twice as much as the rears at 23k mi...

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
$10.00 for tire repair at Walmart...I had one of the TransJunk tires repaired there about a month ago...Amazing it still holding air...lol...BTW...The thread depth of the front tires are almost twice as much as the rears at 23k mi...
Tire rotate much?

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk