Running board for winter climate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's an option. Personally I'm not a fan of the line x look.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id steer clear of the magnum. They look good but after one winter and just the wrong side of their one year warranty they have chalked up looking gray and have rust spots.

That's one winter? Yikes!

Wise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes sir I was surprised and disappointed. I'm going to take Fyredudes advice and try to spray them first before I look for something else.

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's little update.

Before returning the brackets I called Dee Zee support to see with them if there was something they could do to get me those brackets undamaged.

They told me that they would send me a new kit and add extra protection to prevent the brackets to touch each other. Sweet right, well a few days later come UPS and I had to refuse the package because the box was trashed and one of the bracket fall off the box in front of me when the guy lifted it. When I looked in the box they were all loose again...

OEM it is I guess

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not get them coated at Line-x? They can match the colour of your paint, change the texture if you don't like it, etc....

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I had our local (nearest) lineX place price out doing running boards. Guy wanted $180 per step but it was an over the phone price without seeing the steps. That's a brand new step so he wouldn't have to prep them. If u did a used step or something that needed prepping it would be $320 per step basically.

That's insane for the price of the steps alone was only $400 (Westin HDX drop steps). So image $400 for the steps plus $360 for the lineX so thats $760 plus tax probably for steps. Might as well go with a AMP step at that price.

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well got the OEM black running boards from my local dealer and just finished installing them. They feel much more solid that the one I had previously and nicer quality overall.

I was pleasantly surprise when I saw that they are made in Canada.