Sailun tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
I purchased my 2015 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 in April and it came with brand new tires. They are Sailun Terramax HLT 275/60R20. Does anyone have any info or experience with these tires? I can't seem to find much about them. I've had minimum amount of time on the highway and they rode fine. Most driving is in town.

I live in Kansas City and we can get bad winter weather so I'm wondering how they will do in rain and snow. My house is on a pretty steep hill so I need to be able to get up it. I don't know whether to buy a new set of proven tires or go ahead and keep these for a year or 2.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm running Sailun Terramax AT 275/65/20 E rated. 10 ply. Good tires but feel kinda wobbly at high speeds(85+). Overall I'm pleased with them. Zero road noise

Sailun has been making semi truck tires for ages. That's why I got them.

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 27

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tire dealer for 12+ Years. Wouldn't use a Sailun tire in any circumstance. Cheaply made, rarely last the tread life, usually defect before they can get there. They are simply a price point tire. They installed the cheapest tire before you bought the truck, plan and simple.

Anyone who tells you they are a good quality example, simply are uninformed on actually production and performance of tires.

FYI...We have Sailuns available through one of our suppliers, and have sold many sets. Not by our recommendation however.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tire dealer for 12+ Years. Wouldn't use a Sailun tire in any circumstance. Cheaply made, rarely last the tread life, usually defect before they can get there. They are simply a price point tire. They installed the cheapest tire before you bought the truck, plan and simple.

Anyone who tells you they are a good quality example, simply are uninformed on actually production and performance of tires.

FYI...We have Sailuns available through one of our suppliers, and have sold many sets. Not by our recommendation however.

Sorry for the slight hijack, but whats your opinion on Falken? Specifically wildpeak at3w

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put a set on a firends truck, he had good luck with them. Ina smaller size in 22 and 24" i had 8 fk452 fall apart on 2 different trucks(one being mine). After that, i try to steer clear.

As far as aggressive tires for winter use, BFG AT TKO2 is hands down the best. Deep snow rated