Sealing holes in bed and spray in liner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
One of these days soon I am going to remove a ladder thing I have installed on my tailgate. I have five or so screws holding the thing on. If I remember right it will be between 3/8 and 3/16" holes. When I remove it what are your sugestions to seal up the holes? Main concern is keeping water out of the tail gate and not stick out like a sore thumb but not concerned with a total color or texture match. Black caulk of some kind? Silicone, latex? What will stick to the liner best?

OP
OP
F

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
I'm looking at some epoxy's and see some won't stick to certain poly"what evers" and some will. What is the factory bed liner made from?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
put the screws back in with rubber washers and silicone.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm guessing you don't want the holes anymore..... not sure if the bedliner will gap it and if there is bare metal showing from the screw hole shoot some primer or paint over it before the bed liner. If there are signs of rust treat the rust first

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Black RTV or gray might blend pretty well and keep water out for sure.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
when i bought my 2017 Laramie it did not have a spray in bedliner but did have the holes for the bed led lights i was not going to install a set either as they are a **** poor design so i spoke to the Linex guy and he said they cover the holes automatically anyways by placing some sort of tape over the hole then just spray the bed, you cannot even see where the holes existed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk