Shop can't do alignment..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
Took my truck in the other day following a strut replacement. Drove it roughly 100 miles to and from work with no noticeable issues. Truck drove fine but since I have new tires i figured it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. The truck had lift spacers installed from the previous owner. So I removed them at install, assuming the camber would definelty need to be adjusted.
I watched this tech struggle for 2 hours to get it aligned. None of the measurements were that far out of whack, except caster. Now I have to hold the wheel to keep it from drifting right. Front end inspection by me and the tech found no flaws. He's claiming that the truck must have had front end damage.... which is not true. This was a smaller shop so I'm assuming he may not have alot of experience with these trucks...especially since he asked if I wanted the rear aligned as well....

Has anyone had any similar issues? I worked as an alignment tech many moons ago before college. Never once did I find a vehicle unable to be aligned.. what gets me is that the truck was basically fine before the alignment!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Took my truck in the other day following a strut replacement. Drove it roughly 100 miles to and from work with no noticeable issues. Truck drove fine but since I have new tires i figured it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. The truck had lift spacers installed from the previous owner. So I removed them at install, assuming the camber would definelty need to be adjusted.
I watched this tech struggle for 2 hours to get it aligned. None of the measurements were that far out of whack, except caster. Now I have to hold the wheel to keep it from drifting right. Front end inspection by me and the tech found no flaws. He's claiming that the truck must have had front end damage.... which is not true. This was a smaller shop so I'm assuming he may not have alot of experience with these trucks...especially since he asked if I wanted the rear aligned as well....

Has anyone had any similar issues? I worked as an alignment tech many moons ago before college. Never once did I find a vehicle unable to be aligned.. what gets me is that the truck was basically fine before the alignment!

Take it somewhere else there is no reason it should not come into stock specs.

OP
OP
Fletch125

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
Take it somewhere else there is no reason it should not come into stock specs.
That's what I'm saying! It would be one thing if the control arms or other components were bad!

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not all alignment guys are created equal.

In extreme examples of not being able to get caster correct; cross caster less than 0.5 deg will get you going straight. works for regular in spec alignments too. all green doesn't mean all good.