Sick of tint tickets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rileybrennan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So some of you or most of you have tinted windows up front. (Passenger and driver side front) I live in Saskatchewan and the police hassle those with tint.. because its illegal for some reason. I heard of "dipping" windows from a guy.. Is that a real thing? And is there anybody who makes replacement glass with tint already inside the glass? I'd like to find a hole in the law so if anybody has a way around this law I would love to hear it!

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Find out the exact legal percent allowed and run that or make friends with an optometrist have him write you a certified form saying you have a sensitivity to direct sunlight.

Where I live it's a 250 ticket for tints the reason is the officer can not see into the car when approaching it and it is an obstruction of sight.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
They put a tester on the tint here and no matter how it was done, you get a ticket. I've not heard of dipping windows to tint them. 86 bucks for my ticket.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Dipping would just be another form of tint unless it comes from factory it would still be illegal which is one reason front windows are never tinted from factory it would a dealer add on.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
see what legal is, sadly, you may have to go with it if they are that sticky.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I can't say how they would handle something like that in Canada, but in the U.S., especially in Georgia, there's not really a way for you to get around the tint law. If the window is darker than allowed by law, it's illegal, no matter what you did to get it that way. Window tint ticket here is $299.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
For me front tint is just not worth the hassle. I don't want to give 50 an easy reason to pull me over.

scowling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doesn't matter what you do you'll probably get a ticket. I've been pulled over ticketed twice with two different excuses, not allowed to have tint up front becuase in case of accident the rescue department can't break through the film ( which is a joke), then other one told me that they need to be able to see the eyes of the driver when approaching the vehicle. Also the damn law books states that no film shall be applied to the front windows, and no replacing of the glass with tinted versions is allowed unless originally came from factory that way. Now with that being said, if you can find some factory tinted glass for your truck you shouldn't run into any issues as they tent to make you roll the window down and see if film is applied, or try to read your license through the glass. Just don't go crazy with the tinit and you may never have issues. I ran a light 75-80% up front and got pulled over and the cop said it wasn't an issue because it wasn't too dark. Sorry for the rambling on and on, good luck and worse case senario just tint them the way you want and drive with the front windows down.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've always avoided tint tickets by rolling down my front windows.
Never had an issue.

(well, and now I'm legal)

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
look into the law in your area. in Texas you can get an exemption if you got to a doctor and get a note that says you have sensitive eyes. you might still get pulled over but no ticket

nitto

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Dodge 2500
Engine
v10
I never got a ticket :p
11321_147802452048061_698670220_n.jpg

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They put a tester on the tint here and no matter how it was done, you get a ticket. I've not heard of dipping windows to tint them. 86 bucks for my ticket.

Check the case law in your area, but if you live in Illinois, I have not seen where the tint meters have passed what is referred to as a frye test. So if your state uses the Fry Test, file a motion demanding a Frye hearing. Most likely the local State's Attorney isn't going to go through the expense for a pesky tint case.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

I've always avoided tint tickets by rolling down my front windows.
Never had an issue.

(well, and now I'm legal)

This is good advise, roll both front windows down when the officer approaches. If he ask if he can test them politely say no, then he can either let you go or hold you until a judge signs a search warrant. Most likely he will just say thank you and continue on.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol nice^^^^

Soooo in texas ur not supposed to tint the front glass?????? ive been pulled over with 20% up front and he didnt say anything and the reason i got pulled over was for my tinted tails

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I'd just go to an eye doctor and get them to write you a note, pretty easy to do, and that works.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never a tint ticket here and we arent allowd no more than 28% up front. My brow is also a good 3" under my AS-1 line and it's not legal either. But down here it depends on the agency. FHP is more prone to hit ya for tint than the sheriffs office or city PD's are.

DSCN0810.jpg

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Doesn't matter what you do you'll probably get a ticket. I've been pulled over ticketed twice with two different excuses, not allowed to have tint up front becuase in case of accident the rescue department can't break through the film ( which is a joke), then other one told me that they need to be able to see the eyes of the driver when approaching the vehicle. Also the damn law books states that no film shall be applied to the front windows, and no replacing of the glass with tinted versions is allowed unless originally came from factory that way. Now with that being said, if you can find some factory tinted glass for your truck you shouldn't run into any issues as they tent to make you roll the window down and see if film is applied, or try to read your license through the glass. Just don't go crazy with the tinit and you may never have issues. I ran a light 75-80% up front and got pulled over and the cop said it wasn't an issue because it wasn't too dark. Sorry for the rambling on and on, good luck and worse case senario just tint them the way you want and drive with the front windows down.

Agree, Other than the Joke part about the rescue! Only province I can think of that allows it is Ontario at 35%. i did my Magnum 35% up front and got Pulled over 1st Day by the Town Cop Shift Supervisor and when he seen my Veterans plate gave me sort of a break and reminded me that his Officers could pull me over and Ticket me so after then no problem but then again I only drive it in Nice weather and whenever I see a Cop Both Windows go down cause by LAW here you don't have to comply with the raising of the windows request. Anyhow I am against 20 or 5% Tint of any kind but thats me. Now I do plan on doing my Truck fronts at 50% which looks good and unless its overcast you should not be hassled, 75% if available is even better.

I see the solution as easy if I get a Ticket the tinting will never happen again for me period.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
asupu6yd.jpg
ary4a3av.jpg
tymusanu.jpg

This is darkest I have gone. No tickets with 5% over privacy glass and 20% on front two.

Current Ram is 20% to try and match the back no issues.

Your states need to lighten up on tint enforcement.

$miley

Allstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Sport CC
Engine
Dark tint is illegal here in AR but it's hard for the troopers and deputies to write you a ticket when theirs are as dark or darker than yours..:naughty:

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never been hassled with 20% on the fronts. Then again, i always have my driver window down. Nothing like fresh air.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2