Side steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Criscone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who has them and who doesn't? I've been seeing a lot of 4th gens without them lately and it looks so much better. I'm just worried of my seat getting torn up from more stress?

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't have them on my 3rd gen and I noticed the outboard side was definitely flatter. I haven't had my 4th gen long enough to say if that's why. I didn't want them at first, but left them on for my wife and daughter. Now I've gotten used to the look and they are nice for getting in and out. Plus, they give me something to knock the mud and snow off on.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
My 06 had 20k miles on it when I bought it and the seat was already showing wear on the outside edge. Getting in and out of the truck I could see how it was going to quickly get worse, so I added side steps. I honestly feel like they made a difference to the seat's life span, and the seat didn't get any worse. I ordered my 2013 with side steps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
C

Criscone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up taking them off. Love the look, I'm just careful getting in/out now.

jacsyl94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I love mine..but was more for my mom and wife to get in..plus it will help once I get my 35's on it..

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They do make things more convenient. Mine (Aluminess) are going to offer more protection as well. I think if they are rugged looking like Nfab or Aluminess etc they look good. Not a fan of chrome. All depends on the the truck and what it will be used for.