Smoothest AT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
I have been looking at getting new tires for the new truck and dont want to have the same issue i had with the falken wild peak i had because those things were rough and had a hard time getting them balanced . I dont need anything real aggressive but want something that wont pack with mud when i go to the ranch and its muddy.
I think i am going to stay with the factory 275/60/20
I have also noticed that this truck seemd to be a little quicker than my other one and both had 3.21's but i did put 275/65 on it with the 5100's so i am not sure if thats the difference or not .

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run 275/65/20 nitto terra grapplers on my truck and love them. Pretty quiet on the road and haven't given me any issues at work in the mud or in the snow. also check out toyo open county at, I'm stuck between the two sets for my next set of tires

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
@Kenneth1977 - did you have the old Wildpeaks or the newer AT3w?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

desertbenny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I've been really impressed with the set of Toyo AT2 extremes that I have on my Power Wagon. I'm running 35's and I brought the same tires over from running them on my Jeep. On the Jeep they were very quiet and handled offroad very well. Never really played in the mud with them though. On the PW, they are even more quiet. I get almost no tire noise in the cab. On the Jeep I had them at 28psi. They are a very stiff tire and if I aired them up to 35psi the Jeep felt squirrely at highway speeds. At 60psi on the PW they are right at home. I haven't had a chance yet to get the truck in the dirt yet. the tires have about 30K on them and are still holding up great. I'm also impressed at how they drive in the rain.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should look at Atturo Trail Blade X/T. Low priced, and will last you longer than any other "name brand" tire out there. I have them on my Ram and love them! Have a low humidity to them when driving, but nothing outrageous. People have been getting 60k+ miles out of a set. I'm running 35/12.5R20 that I got off Amazon for around $180 a piece. The X/T are a mud tire built like an all terrain. They also have the A/T which has a less aggressive look to them.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run Toyo at's didn't notice a increase in noise over stock tires. Balanced right up. Very impressed in the snow and on ice. I recommend them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
Ive had terra graps and KO2's. I will never ever run terra graps again if im gonna use an AT. sound, ride, and wear

OP
OP
Kenneth1977

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
@Kenneth1977 - did you have the old Wildpeaks or the newer AT3w?

I think they was the wildpeaks i got the last august .
Thanks for all the input

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I think they was the wildpeaks i got the last august .
Thanks for all the input
I just got these in the stock size and they're not rough at all and very quiet so far...

cf65a54dbea2af51dfdea6e8b908e8d5.jpg

The larger size you were running before is an LT tire, much stiffer and heavier so definitely a different ride from the passenger stock size.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran a set of Terra Grapplers on the truck I had before this Ram and they were absolutely terrible. They barely lasted over 30,000 miles before I traded the truck in. And that was with normal rotation at every 5k service.

OP
OP
Kenneth1977

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
I'm seriously looking at these Continental TerrainContact ATs. They're supposed to run very quiet and smooth. They come with a good warranty. And they also come in a 285/60r20. Just enough bigger without causing issues. TerrainContact A/T - LT285/60R20 125S | Continental
Those will pack with mud real easy
Was thinking about giving the BFG's I shot again but I'm not digging the price

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
if you want tires that don't pack mud,avoid the bfg's.they're also not the most comfortable tire in an a/t either.but if you've had them before you already know this.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Firestone Destination A/T's and they are very quiet and offer a smooth ride for a A/T tire IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had great experience with Nitto Terra Grapplers... Had them on a AWD Land Rover Discovery and they were perfect. Low noise on highway, they lasted forever, and had great traction in all types of conditions... wet, snow, dirt, mud. I never had an issue with them. When the LR was totalled, they had about 30k miles on them and still looked great. Not sure if they will be different on a truck, but I'm going with them again on my next tire change.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In terms of Ride I dont know what the hate on the Terra Grapplers is all about. I have them and they are equally as comfortable as the stock street tires were.

In rain they are amazing, off road they are great, they look great. They are great tires for a big noisy jeep or truck and there is a reason Im saying that.

On that same note I will not be buying them again for one reason and 1 reason alone. The website, reviews, and so on are all that they are quiet. They are not. At 70mph and above on new asphalt they almost whistle not really a hum but somewhere in between.

I want a quieter tire. I dont know if it exists or not but I want a street quiet tire in an AT. Not a thread derail but you asked for smooth, and the G2's are exactly that on the road.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm seriously looking at these Continental TerrainContact ATs. They're supposed to run very quiet and smooth. They come with a good warranty. And they also come in a 285/60r20. Just enough bigger without causing issues. TerrainContact A/T - LT285/60R20 125S | Continental

years ago i had a truck with continental tires on it. they wore like iron. they were also absolutely terrible in the rain and snow.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
only at tire i will ever run is bfg ko's or ko 2's. hands down quietest at, best performer off road AND onroad in wet weather plus the tread wear is outstanding.

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
only at tire i will ever run is bfg ko's or ko 2's. hands down quietest at, best performer off road AND onroad in wet weather plus the tread wear is outstanding.

Another vote for the KO2s. Had them on for almost 20k miles and they look hardly used! Outstanding wear