Snow in truck bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem. I recently bought my first truck, 2015 Ram Sport and added a Truxedo Lo-pro cover. Our first snow storm I noticed a lot of snow that had blown up onto the tailgate and bumper. It seems to also worked it way into the bed of the truck through the bottom of the tailgate. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, did you do anything to stop it and keep the bed dry?

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem. I recently bought my first truck, 2015 Ram Sport and added a Truxedo Lo-pro cover. Our first snow storm I noticed a lot of snow that had blown up onto the tailgate and bumper. It seems to also worked it way into the bed of the truck through the bottom of the tailgate. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, did you do anything to stop it and keep the bed dry?
I also get some rain and snow from time to time with my Bakflip Fibermax. The tailgate does have some gaps all the way around it. You could buy a rubber gasket. I did try one but every time I go to the beach sand got stuck to it... I took it off.

Last edited:

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
My tonno pro low roll came with a think self adhesive foam to line the tailgate to make it waterproof. I didn't put it on bc trapping water can cause rust, I'd rather it drain out.

If u really want it water tight go to a homedepot and get some weather stripping with adhesive back and line it around the tailgate.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of the "High end" covers have a full bed/ tailgate section.. to keep stuff out.. the problem is even with the tonneau cover closed the bed creats a vacume and **** gets sucked in from the bottom of the bed and the bottom of the tail gate meet up. u want it to stay dry.. u got to seal it

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
LMC Truck has tailgate seals for cheap if you can't find one locally.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I just noticed this on my 14 2500 as well. My bed has been Line-x but still doesn't seal around the tailgate.

Might have to look into some kind of seal for that. My Silverado sealed up nice after the Line-x.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Extang Maxseal Tailgate seal from Summit Racing $18 . . . Did the bottom and the 2 sides . . . Luvs it on mine

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Extang Maxseal Tailgate seal from Summit Racing $18 . . . Did the bottom and the 2 sides . . . Luvs it on mine

@bowersfj i bought some maxseal with the goal of keeping the bed dry. if your installation of the maxseal works so well, can you explain where you ran it? i'm not sure where to install. thx!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
@bowersfj i bought some maxseal with the goal of keeping the bed dry. if your installation of the maxseal works so well, can you explain where you ran it? i'm not sure where to install. thx!

I ran it up both side posts skipping over the rubber tailgate bumpers, and across the bottom of the tailgate itself so that when you rotate it shut, the rubber seal fits up against the bottom of the bed

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Can you post a picture of that, love to see how it works

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's just rubber gasket that sticks on ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963