SnugTop Insight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Can anyone provide me with some insight, tips, suggestions regarding SnugTop canopies? I am thinking about getting a Snug. Based on my research they seem like the top quality brand. Thicker fiberglass on the roof and stress points. Better hardware...stuff like that.

Any comments or things to be aware of, stay away from?

I am getting a canopy because the wife decided it was time for a dog. With two adults and two kids everywhere I go there is no room for a dog in the cab.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a Snug Top shell on my 2010 Ram. Good shell, well made, paint matched well, hardware was good also. The only problem I had was the windows leaked--the dealer tried to fix them and couldn't, so they wanted to send the shell back to the factory for something like 4-6 weeks to get it fixed. I said ******** and put up with the leaks. It is suppose to be one of the best shells out there so I guess I was a little disappointed. They ain't cheap either.
Jay

OP
OP
wsutard1

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I had a Snug Top shell on my 2010 Ram. Good shell, well made, paint matched well, hardware was good also. The only problem I had was the windows leaked--the dealer tried to fix them and couldn't, so they wanted to send the shell back to the factory for something like 4-6 weeks to get it fixed. I said ******** and put up with the leaks. It is suppose to be one of the best shells out there so I guess I was a little disappointed. They ain't cheap either.
Jay

What kind of windows? SUV type or aluminum frame?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
My opinion Snug top and Leer are way over priced, I am on my 4th different ATC topper they are built just as good and cost half as much..
Payed $1,700 OTD for mine and they wanted $3,000 for the Snug top.

just my 2 cents.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My opinion Snug top and Leer are way over priced, I am on my 4th different ATC topper they are built just as good and cost half as much..
Payed $1,700 OTD for mine and they wanted $3,000 for the Snug top.

Must be the dealer, my Leer with removable sliding front window and power lock on the rear hatch was $1800 installed out the door.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Compare the snugtop to ARE caps.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To be honest, I don't remember the specific type of windows.
Jay