Soon to be How To: Convert from Chrome Bumper to Sport Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would definitely consider it, where are you located?

Kansas City , I'd pay to ship mine, you'd pay to ship yours? Doubt it would cost too much

Edit: the inserts just pop out of the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
2014moparam

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Kansas City , I'd pay to ship mine, you'd pay to ship yours? Doubt it would cost too much

Edit: the inserts just pop out of the grill.

I will think about it and let you know. I was planning to eventually buy the r/t grille and paint it. I guess my only reservation, is going without a grille for a week, and (not that I don't trust anyone) but if I never got the honeycomb grille, if be stuck having a grille with no inserts lol.

I'll let you know for sure

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I hear you. I'd ship it for sure, I'm in law enforcement and it wouldn't be worth risking my career for a free grill. With the black honey comb you could paint the chrome surround and would have a whole new grille for free.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's a gamble for sure, but there's some steps you can take to protect yourselves. Like using your real phone numbers or emails would be the first. But pictures of it off before shipping, pics of receipts and tracking numbers, etc..

I did this successfully [emoji106][emoji6]

IMO

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a gamble for sure, but there's some steps you can take to protect yourselves. Like using your real phone numbers or emails would be the first. But pictures of it off before shipping, pics of receipts and tracking numbers, etc..

I did this successfully [emoji106][emoji6]

IMO

That's the plan. I'll provide my phone number tracking info, address whatever it takes. Thanks again Austin.

OP
OP
2014moparam

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Well, I don't see a problem with swapping. It just pops on and off?

I am going out of town for work the next two days, maybe Early next week I can pop the grille inserts off and send it your way, if that works for you?

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I don't see a problem with swapping. It just pops on and off?

I am going out of town for work the next two days, maybe Early next week I can pop the grille inserts off and send it your way, if that works for you?

Works for me. Just keep in touch and whenever you are ready to get the ball rolling I'll send you my cell number and we can go from there. They are pretty easy to take off. I'll send them UPS with tracking info as well whenever we get to it.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I really can't stand my chrome inserts, how difficult would it be to swap them?

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Pull the grill off which is like 4-5 bolts on top then it just pulls out. Take about 10-15 mins. The chrome inserts just snap off from the inside I believe. So it's an easy job.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If mopar ram or anyone else falls through on the trade I'll keep you in mind

OP
OP
2014moparam

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Works for me. Just keep in touch and whenever you are ready to get the ball rolling I'll send you my cell number and we can go from there. They are pretty easy to take off. I'll send them UPS with tracking info as well whenever we get to it.

For sure, I'd say Monday evening I can get those off and get them boxed and ready to ship. Shipping on my end would be usps, the closest ups store is an hour away from me haha

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For sure, I'd say Monday evening I can get those off and get them boxed and ready to ship. Shipping on my end would be usps, the closest ups store is an hour away from me haha

Whatever works man. I got a ups store and usps close. I could ship mine first thing Tuesday morning. I might pull them off the truck tomorrow.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, just a heads up they make our paint code in a spray can that's a factory match. You could sand your chrome and paint it would look great

OP
OP
2014moparam

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Whatever works man. I got a ups store and usps close. I could ship mine first thing Tuesday morning. I might pull them off the truck tomorrow.

That works for me. I'm thinking I'll ship mine Tuesday on my lunch hour at work, probably between 11-12 or so. I'll send you a message when I get back from my trip and we can go from there

OP
OP
2014moparam

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Also, just a heads up they make our paint code in a spray can that's a factory match. You could sand your chrome and paint it would look great

Yea, I could rattle can it, but I have access to a shop that can spray paint in a booth(they are painting the bumper for free for me, minus the cost of paint) and since I mix paint and sell auto parts, it's cheap enough to get paint mixed up haha

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That works for me. I'm thinking I'll ship mine Tuesday on my lunch hour at work, probably between 11-12 or so. I'll send you a message when I get back from my trip and we can go from there

Sounds good

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I actually couldn't care less about the durability, I'll go one step further and say they look worse. I'm old school and I don't like full bodypaint trucks just because they don't look like a truck. They look like the front end of a soccer mom's Honda CRV.

All you urban cowboy 20-somethings can go ahead and flash your blue LED kits at me now :naughty:

46 here... no blue LEDs but love the full body color.

This sure as **** does not look like a CRV

My_Ram_Sport_Stipes_zpsmgtriwfu.jpg

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Where can I find these spray cans? I'm looking to paint the grill and install the honeycomb

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where can I find these spray cans? I'm looking to paint the grill and install the honeycomb

Any auto paint store can mix you up some and can it (expensive).. I used duplicolor from pep boys (inexpensive).. They have most paint codes on the lid.. Worked fine for me but my truck is white.. Maybe try it on a test panel first.

Im using it right now, just don't use their clear coat with white. Has a slight yellow tint to it.
9b89c2447b17c690699dd05498866ae9.jpg
230f4e694629d1b0c0677f12f383b044.jpg

To the grill swappers... Its a pita to take out the inserts. Take your time and be carefull with the tabs... It would be a nightmare to take off the scoops, so we left those on. It will be necessary though to unclip one or two of the scoop clips to access 3 of the insert clips... Recommend a very tiny screwdriver to be on hand.

IMO

Last edited: