Spare Tire and Spare Tire Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cz17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys,

Im running 35's on my 2009 dodge ram 1500 sport with the dual exhaust and currently have my stock spare still. (235/85 R17) I am wondering if I was to get a flat tire would it be bad to run the stock spare for any distance? Would I be limited to distance or speed or anything?

I would just get a 35" spare, but I am not sure it fit with the dual exhaust system and the heat shields. Was anyone able to fit a 35 in the spare tire storage spot?

Thanks.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Stock tires if you had 20s, are 33" so I am sure you could run them to at least get somewhere safer then the side of the road or what have you. I would not drive on it any longer then I had to though.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you could use it but i wouldn't be driving very far or very fast. basically you'd just want to limp it to the closest shop or safe place to stop. also if you have LSD never put that spare on the rear, you'd have to move a tire from the front and use the spare on the front. you also shouldn't use 4WD