splash guards that fit 2016 Ram WITHOUT flares??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am a newbie, and I really need a little help. I have tried searching and I cannot come up with a SOLID answer. I just picked up a 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big horn (NO flares) and it has the wheel-to-wheel Mopar side steps. These steps come within about a 1/2 " to an inch of the fender opening... I really would like to install molded splash guards like Weathertech or Husky (prefered) and I need to know... WILL THEY FIT my truck? Any and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I bought a set off ebay fit great. best pic i have.

Attachments

• 20170123_161700.jpg
    20170123_161700.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 54

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the weather Tec on mine, I don't have the factory steps but I do have steps. I got mine from Carid and when you fill out order there is options for flares or steps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
5e937f24481aa10a7b1fc17642378618.jpg

Last edited:

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told at dealership if you have step bars use weather tech guards as they provide more clearance vs mopar ones.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The weather Tec ones are preddilled so there's no alignment of fittings issues. With some others you'd have to get them lined up and leveled and then drill the splashguards. Either way you can use existing screws and holes in the body, it's just a matter of getting the splashguards right.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with Husky. I liked the looks better than the other options I saw. They were dead simple to install. Maybe 1/2 hour, if that. Fit perfect, and require no drilling. However both front and back have optional screws that goes through the wheel well liners, if you decide to use them. I drove around for a few days without them, but decided to add them. More peace of mind than necessary. So far they seem to work ok. I went out in the mud last weekend and they kept most of it off the body.

wink

MudGuardsA.jpg

MudGuardsB.jpg

OP
OP
2016Bighorny

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank You all for your feedback... but again, I'm not asking how to install them or whatnot... I am asking for individuals with Rams WITH wheel-to-wheel steps by Mopar, what if ANY splash guards, fit these trucks AND clear the boards? Will Weathertech or Husky splash guards, fit a Ram with the wheel-to-wheel boards and NO flares?? Thank you!

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank You all for your feedback... but again, I'm not asking how to install them or whatnot... I am asking for individuals with Rams WITH wheel-to-wheel steps by Mopar, what if ANY splash guards, fit these trucks AND clear the boards? Will Weathertech or Husky splash guards, fit a Ram with the wheel-to-wheel boards and NO flares?? Thank you!

It says mine fit all factory running boards.

https://www.huskyliners.com/Mud-Guards-Mud-Flaps/2017/ram/1500/oe-fender-flares/without-flares

wink

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the factory mopar ones on my 2500 and they fit with my factory stunning boards just fine.. yet my tires still throw **** down the lower side of the back door... literately their is cow poop down the lower side of my back doors right now...

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems you're trying to over think a simple issue. If you think they'll work order a set, and if they don't, return them. If all else fails get a set of generic splash guards, once they're on no one will know the difference anyway.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out moparonlineparts.com. There's a whole section devoted to mud flaps/splash guards for trucks with or without factory step bars. The front set is the only set you will need clearance. I don't have OEM step bars but I know that mine can moved forward or backwards if needed, maybe look under to see if yours can be adjusted will help you out?
Hope this helps.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not sure about aftermarket shields, But I have always used the Mopar shields on my trucks, they fit and look good.

Attachments

• Left Side with Protectors.jpg
    Left Side with Protectors.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 27

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Go with husky liner. They come with protective film. OEM ones wear down paint.

As for the space mine stick backwards about an inch. It might be close. I have westin R5 steps and they don’t hit. But I can also loosen the screws and slide the step around to adjust it. Not sure of you have that luxury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2016Bighorny

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you all for your pointers and information. I have spoken with Husky directly and have been informed, as a couple of you had mentioned, they WILL work. I should be receiving them tomorrow! On a side note, I stopped at a local Ram dealership and they had a new 2017 Sport on the showroom floor with the wheel-to-wheel steps AND the Husky guards are on that truck!...so NEEDLESS to say, they DO fit! I am just happy to have FINALLY located a solution. Now I just need to wait to get my truck back from the interior place who is tinting my windows and installing Katzkin leather!