Sport hood questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So with my 2014 sport I have the hood with the fake air vents on it. Is there a kit to make those actually working vents or am I just going to have to live with the vents being fake

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So with my 2014 sport I have the hood with the fake air vents on it. Is there a kit to make those actually working vents or am I just going to have to live with the vents being fake
Google is your friends Mopar sells a kit to convert your hood scoop into a ram air intake. Includes the intake and everything needed.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Google is your friends Mopar sells a kit to convert your hood scoop into a ram air intake. Includes the intake and everything needed.

Sent from hell via TapATalk
On the website it looks like you have to buy both separately but yes they are both available for sale. Some third party websites look like they'll be carrying both parts soon too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
You'd be better off to leave them alone, it has been proven that that is a low pressure area and opening those up will actually try to pull air out of the engine at certain speeds instead of push air in like most people think. Hood scoops need to be real high or at the leading edge of the hood or straight on in the front grill or bumper area or at the windshield base to do anything.
This was researched a lot in the late 60's and early 70's with all the funky hood scoops they had back then and non of them worked except the ones with the scoops at the front of the hoods, a few cars that using huge ducting hoses from the front of the car and cowl induction hoods.

OP
OP
Ram Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I work at the dealership that I got my truck from and when I talked to the parts guys they said the same thing. So I'll live with the hood the way it is. No need to change that since the truck runs perfectly the way it is. Now I can focus on getting that exhaust haha.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah I work at the dealership that I got my truck from and when I talked to the parts guys they said the same thing. So I'll live with the hood the way it is. No need to change that since the truck runs perfectly the way it is. Now I can focus on getting that exhaust haha.
You could always get the hood they nake for 4th gen Rams that is a replica of the 3rd gen srt10 hood. It has that open middle scoop right towards tbe front of the hood. Looks amazing on 4th gens.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Because of our vehicle design and "AIRFLOW"-at normal speeds-there is an air BOUNDRY LAYER over the hood that exists 1" to 2" depending on speed-

That's why racing RAM scoops are 6" to 12" above the hood--

Even if you pay to open these attractive hood vents---you're gonna get just YOUR satisfaction that you've modified your RAM--there won't be any engine/compartment benefits !

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was looking at adding a Sport hood just to break up my front more. Does anyone have an " in " with a local dealership to acquire one ? :)

OP
OP
Ram Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DRKNESS, I can look to see if the got any in overstock or how much my price it would be to order one. I know they get wrecked rams from time to time so I'll see if any of the 3 they got right now have a sport hood that is still in good condition and usable.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Thank you kindly for doing this. I've had a relapse with my knee surgery or else I also would be hitting the yards/ dealership looking into this. :)

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is the hood that I am looking to add to my BigHorn.

Attachments

• IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 36