Sport mirror painted caps/covers HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VANCITYMOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram RT Sport Reg Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey i need some help .. i scratched one of my mirrors .. the painted part that apparently just pops off ..i need to take it in to get it repainted but i don't want to start prying or pulling on it because I'm afraid i might damage it , I've looked online trying to find a video or any info on removing it but haven't found anything .. if anyone could help with some info that would be great !! . i don't want to have to have the paint shop do it and charge me for it .. i just want to drop off the cap/cover and have them paint it ... thanks

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The painted part is screwed to the mirror frame. You need to pop the mirror glass off to get to the srews. I can't recall but you may need to remove the turn signal light from the bottom of the mirror to get to one of the screws.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Some guy in a huge white van scratched one of my mirrors covers and the body shop quote was $675 (cost of the whole mirror). I took the mirror apart, repaired the cover myself and pocketed $600.

Search the 4th GEN DIY thread for Mirror Removal or puddle lamp replacement. Getting the mirrors apart is a pain but it beats swapping a whole mirror.