spyder headlights PC - Polycarbonate peeling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey all posting for a friend here....he has these headlights

Spyder Auto | Dodge Ram 1500 09-16 / Ram 2500/3500 10-16 Projector Headlights - Halogen Model Only ( Not Compatible With Factory Projector And LED DRL ) - CCFL Halo - LED ( Non Replaceable LEDs ) - Black - High 9005 (Not Included)- Low H1 (Included)

some of it is peeling off....is there a way to restore the coat on these headlights? The correct way because apparently PC - Polycarbonate doesnt handle well with UV. Can someone please help.

thanks.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
hey all posting for a friend here....he has these headlights

Spyder Auto | Dodge Ram 1500 09-16 / Ram 2500/3500 10-16 Projector Headlights - Halogen Model Only ( Not Compatible With Factory Projector And LED DRL ) - CCFL Halo - LED ( Non Replaceable LEDs ) - Black - High 9005 (Not Included)- Low H1 (Included)

some of it is peeling off....is there a way to restore the coat on these headlights? The correct way because apparently PC - Polycarbonate doesnt handle well with UV. Can someone please help.

thanks.
What is peeling? Do you mean the clear lense on the outside is peeling off?

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What is peeling? Do you mean the clear lense on the outside is peeling off?

Sent from hell via TapATalk
the clear coat :$ its like peeling away. i dont know what to do.

The Hulk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take them to a paint and body shop. They can sand them with 600 then spray some clear and they will be good as new again.

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Take them to a paint and body shop. They can sand them with 600 then spray some clear and they will be good as new again.

yeah but what would that cost?

iaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought my truck used. Mine are about 2 years old. I noticed they were peeling earlier this week. To top it off my Spyder tail light is not working right. Blinker - all lights work, brake light, some don't work.