Steering stabilizer on a 4th Gen 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I had new 35's put on yesterday and when I drove it home I noticed a pretty significant shimmy around 60mph. I took it back this morning and they pulled all four wheels off the truck and started over. It's a lot better now but I'm still getting a little vibration above 50mph which seems to smooth out above 65mph.

While I was there one of the guys working on the truck said that he had a similar issue and installed a steering stabilizer on his truck and it helped out. I asked if he had a solid front axle and he said no. I thought steering stabilizers were for solid front axle vehicles, I had one on my Wrangler before I sold it.

Am I misinformed? Could I install one on my 2013 RCSB and expect any improvements?

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since there's no replies to this thread....I'll tell you what I know. There are no steering stabilizers for the 4th gen 1500's.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
That was what I thought, thank you.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think they steering stabilizer optional kits went away when they switched to elec pwr steering

You probably need your tires balanced better and hubcentric spacers