Stock 2014 CC Sport Ram1500 4x4 305/55/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HD4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just added some 305/55/20 Nitto Terra G2 today to my other wise stock truck meaning no level or lift. Fit is nice no rubbing at all full lock in reverse or forward. Even backing up my uneven driveway at full turn no rub.
So far turns while diving feel MUCH better then the stock Goodyears they are smooth and quite. I will report back once I get some real miles on them. I drive about 500-1000 miles a week depending on work needs. Took a few pictures

Attachments

• rear.driver.jpg
    rear.driver.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 691
  • pass.side.jpg
    pass.side.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 4,847
  • pass.rear.jpg
    pass.rear.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • pass.front.jpg
    pass.front.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 542
  • driver.side.jpg
    driver.side.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 884
OP
OP
HD4

HD4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
one more

Attachments

• driver.front.jpg
    driver.front.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,144

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice! I was looking into the same exact tire setup for my '14. Not that it would happen often, but I wonder about full lock while in entry/exit on mine. Does your's have air suspension? And include any fuel mileage and acceleration changes if you would!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sweet, what part of NJ are you in ? I'm in 08332....

OP
OP
HD4

HD4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far no changes at all in acceleration in streets i did a few test. These tire are pretty light (2 ply version) not much more then stock . I will keep an eye on mpg but i dont always pay attention my company pays for my gas. I dont have air suspension.

BigDaddyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice. would look good on my leveled truck. its a 14 Express CC 4x4. this gives me an idea on tires since I'm starting to look around for some. thank you.

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far no changes at all in acceleration in streets i did a few test. These tire are pretty light (2 ply version) not much more then stock . I will keep an eye on mpg but i dont always pay attention my company pays for my gas. I dont have air suspension.

From the research I gathered so far - the OEM Goodyear is 43lbs each at 275/60/20, and the Nitto G2's are 51lbs for 305/55/20. Not bad, and factoring in significantly better traction in all conditions, likely negates the increased rotational mass with regards to acceleration. Which per your findings, makes sense. At least to me. Lol

The rolling resistance difference of the G2 impacting MPG over a tank of gas or two is what I'm interested in seeing.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks great!

OP
OP
HD4

HD4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From the research I gathered so far - the OEM Goodyear is 43lbs each at 275/60/20, and the Nitto G2's are 51lbs for 305/55/20. Not bad, and factoring in significantly better traction in all conditions, likely negates the increased rotational mass with regards to acceleration. Which per your findings, makes sense. At least to me. Lol

The rolling resistance difference of the G2 impacting MPG over a tank of gas or two is what I'm interested in seeing.

yes the Toyo's AT2's in this size are like 70lbs! way to much IMO. I will report back after a couple tanks. Just filled it up tonight. Loving the ride so far

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great guys, would love to see some more setups like this.

I am curious about the Goodyear Dura Tracs, i had some Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Jeep which i liked but now i would like to try something new.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Very nice set up....I put the same size tire on mine only it's the Goodyear Dura Trac.

P1010003_zpsfytniyyp.jpg

P1010002_zpsucyqeezt.jpg

P1010005_zpsbbprienr.jpg
Look really good! Not too aggressive on the tread and not too light. I hope my tires wear out quick. But, with only 5600 my truck I have got a while. Also, are those the Weathertech splash guards on your truck??

-JT

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Few quick questions about doing this.

How bad will it affect gas mileage?

How does it affect towing?

Thanks!

OP
OP
HD4

HD4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far with two tanks of gas on the current setup according to the truck MPG computer I am down just a tad over a 1 MPG combined with my normal city/hwy I do weekly. Again I dont follow closely because I dont pay for my gas and its V8 4x4. AS far as feel these tires are great. I am running them at 36lbs cold warm they are 39-40. The ride is improved. Its a tad firmer but not a harder ride, its just not squishy like it was with the stock good tire size. Acceleration feels better, handling MUCH better. A little more noise then stock at 40-55 mph but up at 70-75mph don't notice any difference then stock. So far VERY happy with the tire and size.

As far as towing I have not done any with them. I would expect it to be better feel compared to stock tires IMO by just the way the feel now. I currently carry about 400 lbs of work gear in my truck at all times when I'm driving.

Last edited:

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So far with two tanks of gas on the current setup according to the truck MPG computer I am down just a tad over a 1 MPG combined with my normal city/hwy I do weekly. Again I dont follow closely because I dont pay for my gas and its V8 4x4. AS far as feel these tires are great. I am running them at 36lbs cold warm they are 39-40. The ride is improved. Its a tad firmer but not a harder ride, its just not squishy like it was with the stock good tire size. Acceleration feels better, handling MUCH better. A little more noise then stock at 40-55 mph but up at 70-75mph don't notice any difference then stock. So far VERY happy with the tire and size.

As far as towing I have not done any with them. I would expect it to be better feel compared to stock tires IMO by just the way the feel now. I currently carry about 400 lbs of work gear in my truck at all times when I'm driving.
Do you think these would work on a 2/3 drop on the same truck as yours?

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Few quick questions about doing this.

How bad will it affect gas mileage?

How does it affect towing?

Thanks!

HD4 is reporting an approximate 1mpg drop so far. Which, to me, is kind of a bummer. My truck was awesome on a ~500 mile mini road trip I did over the weekend, averaged 21.5mpg and 66mph. Up from my normal 16-17mpg, 22-24mph averages I see during my weekly commuting. Unfortunately I don't get free gas, and I like saving myself some fuel expense wherever I can. Maybe I'll give them a try in the OEM size.

Towing: the Nitto's are rated for a higher load, so there shouldn't be any issues.

OP
OP
HD4

HD4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
little update have about 5 tanks of gas on these tires and about 1mpg drop in MPG still seems to be the ticket. No bad IMO. and I am not too easy on the throttle. Love the ride and the improved handling. Wet traction is good too.
Pulled my uncles 23' boat out of thr water the other day for repairs short distance but felt real good no issues on slippery boat ramp either. Alittle more road noise as I said before but what I expected.