Stop recommending opt 7 led!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Time and time again i see people asking for the best headlight option for rams. And every time I see tons of people recommend opt7 for them to use. STOP IT! I have always doubted that brand light as a good option just buy looking at its design and price (you get what you pay for). Finally I found a legitimate test from someone reputable, and it is actually one of the worst bulbs you could put in your head or fog lamps. Here is a link for you to show you, and to show you what IS a good LED option. Note: I am pro HID and disagree with anything that has to do with aftermarket LED headlights.

So please people quit recommending OPT7.

Skip to 10:15 for opt 7 test.

https://youtu.be/SQF5ESBHLrw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I haven't lol. I always recommend hid because it's better

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was on the fence on what brand of LED's to get. I bought fluxbeam opt7 for my fogs and I would recommend them. If I didn't see an improvement I wouldn't recommend them. Simple as that.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not? Just because they don't work for you or someone else like in the video doesn't mean it's a bad product. Some people hate led' and/or hid's it's all a matter of preference and what works for you people argue on what is better or not

I currently have the opt 7 in my lows and fogs and they work great no issues so If someone else wants to know what will work, I will recommend what is working for me.
So again just because a video that's probably getting paid to give a good review for something says it no good doesn't mean it's a bad product just like that video there's more saying one is better than the other

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hated my opt 7 led's too, so much glare that by the time i had them aimed low enough my high beams were now just as low as my stock low beams.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Why not? Just because they don't work for you or someone else like in the video doesn't mean it's a bad product. Some people hate led' and/or hid's it's all a matter of preference and what works for you people argue on what is better or not

I currently have the opt 7 in my lows and fogs and they work great no issues so If someone else wants to know what will work, I will recommend what is working for me.
So again just because a video that's probably getting paid to give a good review for something says it no good doesn't mean it's a bad product just like that video there's more saying one is better than the other

The video shows it's not much brighter and the pattern flat out sucks. It would be interesting to see what you thought when you put the factory bulb back in.

I am fairly certain the only thing you get out of that, is whiter light.

You get what you pay for. If you really wanted a performance light, you're going to have to pay for it. it's that simple.

It just works for us. I like the fact the light look whiter than a halo bulb, with out having to spend the crazy money.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Whether they were getting paid or not they still showed and backed up their findings. The thing with headlights and really anything automotive. If you spend less money you get less quality.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The video shows it's not much brighter and the pattern flat out sucks. It would be interesting to see what you thought when you put the factory bulb back in.

I am fairly certain the only thing you get out of that, is whiter light.

You get what you pay for. If you really wanted a performance light, you're going to have to pay for it. it's that simple.

It just works for us. I like the fact the light look whiter than a halo bulb, with out having to spend the crazy money.

I agree with what your saying. Natural white light will appear better than the dim yellow just because you're getting a more natural light. Also people might say they're great, but is it the only bulb they've ever used that wasn't factory? Or if it wasn't, were they using other crap LEDs that were even worse than opt 7? Led technology for headlamps is just now getting good. Opt7 I'm sure is better than a lot of the earlier brands available.

From my personal experience and all the bulbs I've had. I have had the most luck with morimoto HID. Blew LED out of the water. Granted I have always had a projector housing.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wish I would have found this video before I purchased my Opt7's.... I'm debating doing a set of modified projector lights with HID's so I'll wait before replacing my Opt7's. Thank you for sharing this video.

Adam

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I would have found this video before I purchased my Opt7's.... I'm debating doing a set of modified projector lights with HID's so I'll wait before replacing my Opt7's. Thank you for sharing this video.

Adam

Thank you for thanking me. My plan for this video was not to bash those who had already bought them. It's intention was to prevent people from purchasing them in the future thinking they were getting something good when there are many products out there that are much better.

Like I've said I have always been skeptical about OPT7. I just never had a leg to stand on to say anything about them since I've never used them. Just looking at them I could tell they weren't going to be good. But they make it more appealing by painting their bulbs red. Just looking at the price of them also told me they were no good. From my experience anytime I tried to spare expense on any of my vehicles i always ended up regretting. So now I just pay for the highest quality.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I put the opt7 Flux X beam in my Saturn projectors....they suck!!!!!

I also put them in my PW fogs and like them a lot for fog lights...not headlights

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i had opt 7 leds in my 2015 sport factory projectors and foglights only reason i went with them is because the out performed my previous hid set which were notning but trouble for a see of lights that cost me close to $300.00. When i traded in my 2015 i left it all in and decided to stay stock this time around on my 2017 Laramie

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i had opt 7 leds in my 2015 sport factory projectors and foglights only reason i went with them is because the out performed my previous hid set which were notning but trouble for a see of lights that cost me close to $300.00. When i traded in my 2015 i left it all in and decided to stay stock this time around on my 2017 Laramie

Morimoto has an HID kit specifically for 15+ RAMs and they're pain in the but canbus system. 260 a set but well worth it. You'll never have an issue.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made the mistake and bought some opt 7 lows and it was the worst mistake ever. The leds especially aren't designed to output in a projector housing like others because they are on the sides. Once I switched over to hids, it was the best decision I ever made. More money but as said above, you get what you pay for. Hid all the way imo.

NW_MOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I have heard, LEDs are terrible in projectors. I put JDM 8th gen LEDs in my quads and couldn't be happier.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morimoto has an HID kit specifically for 15+ RAMs and they're pain in the but canbus system. 260 a set but well worth it. You'll never have an issue.

It's all just a matter of preference IMO. I purchased a CANBUS HID kit off Ebay for roughly $50. I have had them in my 2017 Sport now for almost 2 months with not one single issue. Simple ballasts and bulbs is all I installed. Granted, are they the best HID kit/bulbs out there? Probably not. Do they out-perform the stock halogen bulbs? Absolutely. If they take a crap in a year...then I'll just buy another set. All just a matter of preference and plus my wallet isn't fat enough to spend that kinda money on headlights lol.

I do run LEDs in my fogs, but they were from AutoCorp who used to be on this site, not sure if they are anymore but their LEDs were specific for the RAMs. I've been happy with those.