Stubby Antenna--Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have a recommended stubby antenna? Brand and vendor? 10-12" stainless steel(no rubber) Black or stainless color OK.
Jay

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
just pick one you like to look at cause they all suck reception wise I searched every forum and never found one that people said worked even half as good as the stock one

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the link. It only looks like they have "bullet" style. I was looking for sort of a OEM style only shorter.
Thanks again
Jay

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're looking for an oem style just shorter, y not just cut yours to the length you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It will be more for looks than it will be functional. I'll look around and I'll also check out my stock one--didn't think you could cut those off at any length you wanted.
Jay

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It will be more for looks than it will be functional. I'll look around and I'll also check out my stock one--didn't think you could cut those off at any length you wanted.
Jay
Lol id rather have reception than a short antenna. Here is a tip i found out, just cut yours off the guys that did are happier than guys who bought short ones because the short straight rods whistle like crazy on the highway google it, the factory with the wire wrap doesn't the wire stops it. You just cut it to your desired length then pull the little ball of the cut off piece and push it on the short piece, some painted them black and they say still do fair for reception too

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol id rather have reception than a short antenna. Here is a tip i found out, just cut yours off the guys that did are happier than guys who bought short ones because the short straight rods whistle like crazy on the highway google it, the factory with the wire wrap doesn't the wire stops it. You just cut it to your desired length then pull the little ball of the cut off piece and push it on the short piece, some painted them black and they say still do fair for reception too

I don't hear any whistle with mine. Reception sucks but I never listened to regular radio anyway. I'm happy with it.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the AntennaX 5", no real difference in reception in or around the city, only when further out where reception would be weaker with the factory antenna do I notice it being worse. I'm always on satellite radio or bluetooth/usb so doesn't really matter to me anyways. No whistle from it either.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Thank you Is it rubber or stainless steel that has been coated?
Jay

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Dodge Ram 1500 (1994-2016) 14 inch Black Billet Antenna

2702.jpg

14" Black powder coated, stainless steel Antennae - $21

Toying with buying this one but radio reception is important and also find it handy to use my OEM antennae as a Low Clearance Warning System.

Wetsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I have a polished .50 Cal. I bought at O'Reillys for $20. Looks kewl..gets a few comments. But reception sux...it's up to what u like most...kewl or reception

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the suggestions. I bought a 15" stainless and installed it yesterday. I'll check the reception this weekend. It looks a lot better than the stock 31" antenna.
Jay