suspension questions on 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto64gto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2010 Ram Big Horn crew cab 2 wheel drive. I bought this new. I like it but it has always seem to not be very smooth when the road is rough or bumpy. It has stock suspension and has not been modified. I'm not sure if it's the springs or shocks or both. Have any of you noticed this and if so, how did you correct this? I have a 2000 Ram quad cab 2 wheel drive and 360 and this truck rides a lot smoother than my 2010. I would sure like to have my 2010 ride as smooth on rough or bumpy roads as my 2010. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A couple of questions first, are you riding on 20" wheels, secondly how many miles are on the truck ? Mine is a 2011 BigHorn and it's always been choppy/bumpy over uneven terrain. I'm a 4WD with Bilstein all around and I'm still bumpy depending on the road conditions.

F.O.F

OP
OP
G

gto64gto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 20 inch wheels and 85000 miles on my Ram. The ride has been like this since new. It has stock shocks and springs all the way around and stock size tires. Thanks

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Based upon that I would suggest that you have the suspension checked just to ensure that all is within specs. I was told that if I wanted to " soften " my ride, I should drop down to a 18" combo. I wasn't willing to do that so I just swapped to Bilsteins. I usually go on three trips per year totaling over 2000 miles per time and almost fall asleep while driving.

OP
OP
G

gto64gto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2010 Big Horn ride and handleing question

I asked once with no luck so I'll try again. I have a 2000 Ram quad with 360. I put a rear sway bar on it and it has always handled and ridden great. I have a 2010 Ram Big Horn. It handles great but I don't think that it has ever ridden good on rough or uneven roads. It has stock suspension. Has anyone had this problem? I don't know if stronger struts would help or larger bars. It almost seems like the front end is flexing. It's livable but I would like to improve it to the way the 2000 feels. I hope there's knowledge out there that can help. Thanks