Tail light LED light bar project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are y'alls thoughts on tail light LED light bars? I like the thought of them but I don't like any that I've seen. The main problem is seeing the individual source of the light. I don't want to see 40 different LEDs. What I was thinking about doing is taking a light bar on the market and adding a frosted acrylic diffuser lens over the length of the bar to give it a more charger like look. What do y'all think?

Looking at doing it with this light in particular. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? Or if you know of a good LED tail light bar around the same price let me know!

Also, forgive me if this has been asked before. I know a LED tail light bar thread is out there but it's old and my question is rather specific.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally don't care for them. The one you're looking at, I've watched some videos of them in action and they're really not even that bright. Ya, you can see the lights but I just don't see them making a huge difference. With the turn signals, they don't sync up with your trucks blinker flash rate, but that may just be my OCD that bothers me with that part of it.

OP
OP
M

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input. Not syncing with my tails would be a major deal breaker. I may have to look into building something. But it will probably cost to much to do that. I have more important mods. This was one of those "it would be cool" things.