Tail Light Screw Stripped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Today I pulled off the tails to replace OEM bulbs with LEDs. When removing the driver side light, I found one of the screws to be stripped as it just turned in place when I tried to loosen or tighten. I was able to eventually remove the tail light with a driver and some prying, the screw sawed right through the plastic tab. It resulted in me snapping one of the plastic retainer clips, which after an internet search, appear easy to obtain. however the screws and metal clips I could not find part #'s for, which are still stuck on the truck. Before I snip it with some dikes, just wanted to know what you guys thought. Headed to the dealership tomorrow for (hopefully) retainer clips, would they have the other hardware on hand? A few pics:

aetf7a.jpg
294l1g8.jpg

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get those metal clips at most hardware stores cheap. I'd be surprised if the dealership has them or doesn't want you to buy a pack of 30 of them. Take the one you have with and you should be able to find a replacement.

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
As your local hardware store for 'u-nuts', get the matching size, and then bolts to match the u-nut thread. Should be like 3 bucks.

OP
OP
D

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Rad, thanks guys. Wasn't worried about the torx screws but wasn't familiar with u nuts.