Tailgate Emblems Oozing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, find a different car wash while you have some vehicle left. lol

lol. Believe it or not, this was the first and only time i have used a drive though car wash. i bough this truck new in January of '16 and that was the second time i have washed it, the first was by hand in the summer. i need to start taking better care of it. but it is just a work truck.

Luke

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Update:

Dealer will not cover the emblems ooze. They had someone come look at it (the same detail guy i visited) and they determined that something indeed has reacted to or had soaked into the 3M tape and caused this to happen. But it is not the tape degrading, it still has a "good grip on the body panel". The consensus is that when i went into a drive though car wash, the soap (with acid or something) didn't get washed off my tailgate all the way. This caused it to sit on top of the emblems or soak the 3M tape. Then when the next rain came it created this problem i have now. this is also why it is coming out of the tailgate handle. the handle doesn't have 3M tape, therefore it has to be the substance from the car wash or acid rain.
Overall, i am fine with this outcome. the service guy i worked with was great. he did all he could. i understand why it isn't covered. It really isn't a big deal. i had planed on taking the emblems off and having the truck professionally detailed.

But now i am waiting for the other reason i took it into the dealer. my windshield cowl pieces are coming apart. you can rub your finger on them and the rubber comes off and it degrading. i think these should be covered for sure. the pics are below.

Luke

is that truck being washed with dish soap? i am a professional detailer and ive only seen harsh chemicals like dish soap cause that kind of stuff

OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thought i would update this thread. i removed all the badges i could and had it detailed. all the stains came out and looks good. still waiting on the dealer to get the parts in for the cowling on the windshield, they are covered under warranty which is good.

Luke

Attachments

• IMG_5995.JPG
    IMG_5995.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 17