Tailgate fell off the pivots.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was unloading a few things off the back of the truck (in the dark) and the tailgate came loose. I tried to put it back on but failed due to darkness. Glad I was at home in the driveway. Fixed it the next day in daylight, allowing me to align the slots properly. it is almost a two man job, but can be done if you think it out.:crazy:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very odd seeing as you have to pretty much go at an angle to get it off.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That usually happens, if you have something in the way at the bottom of the tailgate when you go to close it.

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I take mine off and on all the time i never bother to look no need to you can feel it slot real easy putting it back on

maxgarton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A friend of mine slammed my tailgate but I guess pulled back at the same time. The damn thing fell off of the pivots. It left me pissed of and a scratch in one corner. I'm happy the tailgate didn't bend its shape atleast.

OP
OP
P

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had 2 items in the back when this happened. A cooler which is fairly empty and has round corners. so I don't think that had anything to do with it. and I also had a plastic toolbox which was a bit heavy. both these items were up front of the bed and I dragged them off the tailgate. So I have no idea why the gate came off the pivots. :roflsquared:

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you actually intend to remove it do you just unlock, unlatch and lift it straight off?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk