Tailgate observation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Just a small stupid thing that caught my attention today... i noticed when helping my co-worker with something that his tailgate (1500 Big Horn) felt way heavier than mine when i opened it. And i had just opened mine about 5 mins before that. I remember when my 2500 was delivered i instantly thought the tailgate felt a lot lighter than my 2013 1500 did also. I think my co workers truck is a 2016. When i got my new truck i didnt think much of it but now feeling his as well im convinced mine actually is lighter. It isnt the smoothness or lack there of with the actual opening, the one on my '17 just feels about half as heavy when youre lowering/lifting it. Im wondering now if Ram lightened the gates on the '17 models or if maybe the HD gate is somehow lighter than the 1500. Is it a Laramie thing? Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

Lconnally

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So since my truck is my first Ram, I can't compare to others, but I noticed that a popular modification was the tailgate assist but mine feels so light I couldn't understand why. I thought I was just stronger than others. My Laramie is lighter then my previous F250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
My 16s is lighter than my 07s was. its a one handed tail gate for sure.
easy up and easy down.