Tailgate Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kstt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jeez, how hard can this be? I popped the plastic rectangle out of the rear of the bed, but I can't figure out the trick to disconnecting the plug. There is a small red "slide" that I thought would release the plug, but it isn't happening. What's the trick?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plug? Back up camera? Should just come out at an angle.

Got a pic?

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
IIRC the red slide locks a tab when in position. Need to pull the red tab back and then unlock the connector tab and pull the connector apart.

OP
OP
K

kstt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do NOT have a back up camera. But the wire harness is there for the electric lock. I can remove the rectangular bezel from the body, but when I slide the red lock tab back, I still can't disconnect the plug.

Ramped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is also a button of sorts that has to be pressed down, beside the red lock. You'll have to horse it a bit.

OP
OP
K

kstt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is also a button of sorts that has to be pressed down, beside the red lock. You'll have to horse it a bit.

I got it. Yup, there is a button (or tab) behind the red slider that needs to be depressed.
One would think this could be a better design. Some folks like to remove the tailgate somewhat routinely.