Taller tire? Gear Ratio Calculator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Feel free to sticky this....

I know a lot of people have had questions about what gears to put on after they've installed taller tires.

I've personally used this link when I was looking for answers myself and it worked like a charm!

(Use Find new Gear Ratio with new tire size chart) second one down.
OnlineConversion.com - Bigger Tires

Going to big tires is great but depending on how much taller you go over stock, you are adding stress on your transmission which can be relieved by adding the appropriate gears.
If you dont add too much height, a lot of times the power loss is due to the weight of the tire and can be helped with power upgrades (Intake, exhaust, Tune ect)

I hope this helps you all!

Origanalchainlink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. That being said im feeling away around in here looking for advise an suggestions about my 2012 Big horn crew cab 4x. A local salesman is talking a 4" lift an going to 22's. so how aggressive is to aggressive? im not interested in putting undue wear an tear an other parts. Brakes, trans, engine etc....any an all suggestions an advise will be welcome.
Thanks!

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
35" is the norm (one of the most common tire size upgrade) I dont know the limits of the suspension components but i know buying a properly engineered kit, alignment and balancing of your new tire/wheel, will keep the rest of your suspension components happy.

You can definitely go with 22" wheels with a 4" lift. What you need to know if the offset of the wheel and tire dimension you are looking for.

Oh and this is not my forum but welcome!

In regard to this thread, you need to find out your tire diameter and the diameter you intend to put on after the lift then plug in your info in the chart on the link i provided to help you find what gear ratio you should switch to, in order to get the lost power of adding bigger tires.