Tax time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Budki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, new here so hope I am posting in the right place.

Tax return season is here and I am expecting to invest in some rims and tires for my truck with my return. But I need a little help here choosing the right stuff....

Ok, so I have a 2012 quad cab 5.7 with a 3" level up front and stock back height. I was thinking about putting 33" on the truck but ended up picking up a rough country body lift 1.25" for next to nothing so now I'm hoping to get 35" tires under her. 1500

I was looking at rims, fuel has some I like. I am thinking about 20" x 10" but don't know how to judge offset when adding tires.

The tires I was looking at are nitto ridge grappler. There are several ways to calculate the sizes, inches and millimeters and ratings. I would like about 35" x 12 x 20. But what rating would I need?

So that's the background. What tire size should I use and rating? And then what rim offset would I need to make it work?

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first thing you should do is adjust your tax withholding so that you are not receiving a return.... lol goal is to break even. It amazes me how many people loan their money to the government with no interest every year for no reason at all.

As for the Nitto's - I have heard very mixed reviews from people on those. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The first thing you should do is adjust your tax withholding so that you are not receiving a return.... lol goal is to break even. It amazes me how many people loan their money to the government with no interest every year for no reason at all.

As for the Nitto's - I have heard very mixed reviews from people on those. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing.

Loaning money to the government is a pretty good way to ensure you don't spend money you don't have during the year. When I was younger, I would do this.

Moreover, some people get exceptional write offs, and credits. Child tax credits, as well as healthcare credits. I don't take the credits they offer for my insurance, which comes to like 5500 a year, so I get all of that back, and i didn't pay a thing.

While you're intentions are pure, their are far to many people with different situations to push out such a blanket statement like you have.

As for the op, 35x12.5 pls :) Nittos i've heard suck.

OP
OP
Budki

Budki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tax time was meant to be humorous so please don't take it too seriously.

Ok so no Nittos. I like the looks and that they are both aggressive and road worthy. So what recommendations would you suggest?

And the rim offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
nitto's don't suck.just because you "heard" they do don't make it so.most people who complain about ****** tires are running m/t tires and are the ones using their truck as a grocery getter and buy m/t's for looks,it's a mud tire,not a road tire.granted the ridge grappler is an in between tire,it'll probably wear better than the trail grappler and perform better off road than a standard a/t. and look better doing it. as for road manners and wear? it's a newly designed tire so time will tell.i'm currently running nitto's and off road they are great.no chunking or punctures yet after 20 k. easily the best off road tires i've had so far,and this is my 8'th truck,and that's a lot of tires.

Last edited:

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nitto makes good tires, which I haven't heard, I've experienced.

OP
OP
Budki

Budki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What ply should I look for on a 1500 quad cab 4x4? I think 6 ply is for off-road soft and 12 ply is heavy duty hauling. But that's just my take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
a 10 ply tire on a light duty truck is uncomfortable unless you can air down...alot. on my last light duty the most comfortable tire i had on it was the hankook dynapro m/t.the worst was the bfg a/t ko.it came stock with some pos goodyears that didn't even make it home.another surprisingly comfy tire was the bigfoot a/t from big o.not saying they're the best,just comfy.

Last edited: