Is there a low profile bull/brush bar that doesn't affect sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,

First thread on this forum after being a lurker for a couple of years. I had a 2014 1500 Laramie and last month picked up a new 2017 Sport that I couldn't resist when I drove past and saw that gorgeous flame orange with the black edition badges.

Anyhow, I live in Montreal where bumpers are used as parking assist barriers for other drivers - they basically know they go far enough when they hit you... I managed to go a whole week before finding my first scratch on the rear bumper right on one of the outside corners. This is actually why I rarely back in to public parking spots... I'd rather they hit the metal rear bumper than smash the front plastic.

Anyhow, I have the same problem with this truck as I did the Laramie - the regular bull bars interfere with the front sensors. is there such thing as a low profile bull bar that only covers the lower air dam section of the bumper and stops at the bottom of the main bumper? Not ideal, but certainly better than nothing. Unfortunately plastic/painted bumpers mark up way easier than chrome so trying to protect what I can.

Thanks!
Dan

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Try Buckstop. Might find something you like

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DanR

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for a small one that would just cover the air dam... they only seem to have full massive protectors.

aksonllc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi i have the same issue. I have 2017 ram limited and i want somting what dosent interfere with the sensor and protect the bumper from scraches. I love the look of rc wit the led light bar but I don't think that's will work. did you find any thats works please let me know .