Tinted lights on Blackout Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunEnvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cleaned up Sue today despite the rain forecast. The wife wanted to call her Johnny Cash but I couldn't bring myself to say "I was in Johnny" or "put it in the back of Johnny" so I went with one of his songs. I'm thinking about tinting the rear lights to give her even more of a blackout look, anybody do the same with their black or dark Rams? Let see em!

Attachments

• 20170623_183448.jpg
    20170623_183448.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 95

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Not a good shot, but I tinted my tails and 3rd brake light. I only did two coats as I didn't want them too dark and used VHT.

IMAG6192_zpsfzfibubq.jpg

cdsbj6508

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tinted my tail/3rd/head/fog lights.

dea4b625a8613e71a01e544a0016ae77.jpg
b4bbef523f2eb957405fca4ec931394a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA_RAM17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Tinting tails is cheap, against the law, and looks unprofessional. I used to do that when I was broke and in high school/college. But the correct way to achieve "blacked out" tail lights is to order replacement tail lights. Trust me, replacement tail lights look 10x more professional than some cheap tint.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Someone is being a Debbie Downer today! Speeding is against the law but I am sure everyone here does it!

I think the tint came out looking good.

OP
OP
G

GunEnvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I'm definitely liing the look! I wish I could justify the $$$ for new tail lights but with three kids anything I do to this thing has to be budget conscious.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I like polished, VHT lights and don't think they look cheap at all. And, if anyone ever says anything, a little professional strength Goo Gone aerosol spray and the tint is gone. Just don't use it on your rear view mirrors...

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tinting tails is cheap, against the law, and looks unprofessional. I used to do that when I was broke and in high school/college. But the correct way to achieve "blacked out" tail lights is to order replacement tail lights. Trust me, replacement tail lights look 10x more professional than some cheap tint.

Muffler deletes are also illegal, people still do it lol
My tails are the OEM Sport LEDs tinted with VHT and polished....so if this is "cheap, unprofessional, and somehow equates to me being broke" *****....well y'all be the judges , I think they look perfect
8246929fc32cd0b7c767f250878bcf85.jpg

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep in mind if you paint the lens,there is less light getting out and it "COULD"be missed when in a fast thinking situation..Think of it this way,you putting sunglasses on..Can you see as good as without,noooo cause its tinted and something could be missed..So doin it to your tails and someone hits you....Yes it may bite them to pay the damages but the inconvenience,possible to get your kids hurt and your truck is outta commission.....Thats why i suggest the darked out store bought where a part of the reflector is blk but lens is clear allowing more brk light to show..

JUST a thought before you do it..

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would agree with the above if doing this to incandescent tails but on the LEDs they are still insanely bright both with the running lights and when I hit the brakes

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little tint isn't too bad. I personally think all Tailight configurations on our Rams suck lol. Oem led are decent. I'm at the point where I'd rather just have the brightest taillight possible for the dum-dums.

Also why I installed the pulsating-3rd brake light.

OP
OP
G

GunEnvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep in mind if you paint the lens,there is less light getting out and it "COULD"be missed when in a fast thinking situation..Think of it this way,you putting sunglasses on..Can you see as good as without,noooo cause its tinted and something could be missed..So doin it to your tails and someone hits you....Yes it may bite them to pay the damages but the inconvenience,possible to get your kids hurt and your truck is outta commission.....Thats why i suggest the darked out store bought where a part of the reflector is blk but lens is clear allowing more brk light to show..

JUST a thought before you do it..

I see what your getting at but I will say this, I'm a firefighter/emt and I see first hand almost daily that there's nothing you can do.....some ******* is gonna hit somebody because they're texting, talking, makeup, eating etc. I agree however, stock the off in my favor if I can.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eBay- 80 bucks. Have had them about a year now, and work perfect! They look clear close up, but look blacked out from a distance.
image.jpg

OP
OP
G

GunEnvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eBay- 80 bucks. Have had them about a year now, and work perfect! They look clear close up, but look blacked out from a distance.
View attachment 89258
Looks great and really like the budget lol....what brand are they?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk