Tire balancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have had Discount Tire try twice and another shop try once to balance my tires. 35x12.5r20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on 20x10 -18 wheels but neither shop has gotten it right yet. Any suggestions? Another shop offers a Roadforce balance. Do you think it may make a difference? Thanks

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have had Discount Tire try twice and another shop try once to balance my tires. 35x12.5r20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on 20x10 -18 wheels but neither shop has gotten it right yet. Any suggestions? Another shop offers a Roadforce balance. Do you think it may make a difference? Thanks

Make them take them off the Rim and rotate it 180* out. Then retry the balance, same problem I had with 297/70R17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
you're trying to balance a 35" tire.that's your first problem.anyone on this forum will have at least 1 horror story about the one tire that will not stay balanced.nature of the beast with large tires.even premium rubber still has the odd one that will not co-operate.my 33"nitto's,no issue.my 35" toyo's,one stubborn one.my 35" generals,so far,so good.my 33" goodyears,2 that wouldn't balance,one was tolerable,one not so much.your tire shop should have warned you.

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to try the roadforce and see what happens. If it works then great. If not, we'll go from there. Tires have about 1k miles on them. Discount Tire will make it right.

Has anyone used balancing beads and how'd they work out?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I'm going to try the roadforce and see what happens. If it works then great. If not, we'll go from there. Tires have about 1k miles on them. Discount Tire will make it right.

how did the road force work out for you.. think i may need it with my 33x12.5.. ugly vibration about 50mph

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have 33x12.5x20 toyo open country RTs on 20x12 rims... I thought balance beads would be a good idea. did a lot of reading about them... IT WAS A TERRILBE IDEA!!! I IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED THAT DECISION.

I have to get the wheels cleaned out and get them regularly balanced by a local tire shop. cost me a pretty penny too. But the tire shop I bought them from (customwheeloffset.com) gave me some money back so that was ok... but with the balance beads It was like driving on 4 rocks. the tires were so bouncy and I felt like anytime I hit a bump that I was going to go into the ditch.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I switched to 35's i called several tire shops to see what they do to balance such tires. 3 places told me that they don't even TRY to balance them, they just toss in the recommended amount of "dyna-beads" or like product.

i was extremely skeptical, but i have to say, my re-mold treatrights, with big lugs, and ZERO weight added...rides smooth at 75 MPH with JUST the dyna beads.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I got a road force elite balance at discount tire. 80 bucks

sking2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had the same issue. Still doesn't feel right... I have to take it to a different shop.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Had the same issue. Still doesn't feel right... I have to take it to a different shop.

Have they pulled the tires off the wheels and turned them 180* then remount? I had an issue and it got fixed like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk