Tire Brand Choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys... Don't know if this post belongs in the general discussion page or not.... So I am going to be changing to some 33x12.5r20 MT tires and have been looking at a few different brand choices... I'm not looking to spend a small fortune so the Nittos and Toyos are out... I had a set of 35" federal couragia on my 2010 f350 for 30k miles before I sold the truck with no issues... But you hear so good and some bad about them... So I have narrowed my choices down to the following ( all 33x12.5x20 )... Any input is much appreciated!
Hercules- Ironman MT
Hankook- DynaPro MT
Atturo- Trail Blade MT
Federal- Couragia MT

Let me know what you guys think!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
work truck? off road truck? grocery getter?.1500?heavy duty? city driving? highway driving? all m/t tires will wear and perform differently under different applications.you'll get dozens of useless recommendations without some solid info.what performs well on a 1500 will probably be called junk by an h/d diesel driver.

OP
OP
Pinnacleplumbing1

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
work truck? off road truck? grocery getter?.1500?heavy duty? city driving? highway driving? all m/t tires will wear and perform differently under different applications.you'll get dozens of useless recommendations without some solid info.what performs well on a 1500 will probably be called junk by an h/d diesel driver.

So the truck is mix of a work truck/family truck/daily driver....it doesn't get driven everyday ...Little to no off roading ... I live/work in and around Boston so it will be a mix of city and highway driving...MT Tires will be more for looks than anything else... It is a 1500 cc SB with 5.7 4x4... Hope that helps!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Out of those I would go with the hankook or federal
based on??

ok,so my choice would be the dyna pro's.they are a softer than average riding m/t's; they are reasonably comfy,but being an m/t they're not great in the ice/ rain,and you'll get average m/t mileage out of them.road noise is about average or a little less than my nittos.i had 275/70/17's on an f150 and it cornered tolerably at low/ medium speed.i tried merging on to a freeway at high speed once and only once with them,but they were well passed half life..i have not run any of the other choices.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Hercules and Hankook I've both had great experiences with, although not in the M/T variety.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
based on??

ok,so my choice would be the dyna pro's.they are a softer than average riding m/t's; they are reasonably comfy,but being an m/t they're not great in the ice/ rain,and you'll get average m/t mileage out of them.road noise is about average or a little less than my nittos.i had 275/70/17's on an f150 and it cornered tolerably at low/ medium speed.i tried merging on to a freeway at high speed once and only once with them,but they were well passed half life..i have not run any of the other choices.

I have buddies that run them and really seem to like them with no issues. I think they are a little well known than the others to. Hercules tires seem to be a decent choice for the money but heard they don't like to stay balanced in the M/t. The others could be good to just don't know anyone running them.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if theres one thing i've learned its that i almost always regretted buying cheap tires.

out of your choices, the hankooks are the only one's i've heard decent things about. havent heard much about the others.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if theres one thing i've learned its that i almost always regretted buying cheap tires.

out of your choices, the hankooks are the only one's i've heard decent things about. havent heard much about the others.

A lot of truth in this statement.

OP
OP
Pinnacleplumbing1

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the replies .... I have been leaning towards the hankooks or the Hercules.. I can get a pretty good deal on both... I've read some pretty good reviews on the Atturos which look almost identical to the toyo open country mt's... Any other input or advice is appreciated!